Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet.

Absolute parody poster. Wants relegation so we can compete in the the playoffs and have a day ‘oot’.

The audacity to be calling out other fans is unbelievable.

You should be embarrassed for yourself not on behalf of other supporters.

I fail to see the relevance there - financial implications aside if money was no object I would rather see us in the championship for the following reasons:

1. The top flight has become uncompetitive outside of the doped up Man City and Liverpool

2. The scab 6 run the league

3. VAR has ruined the spectacle and easy to be manipulated by dodgy officials

4. Said official's are awful

5. The bulk of players in the top flight are overpaid charlatans who have no fight in them.

Even today UEFA have announced that from 2024 Man Utd or Liverpool can finish 15th and still qualify for the CL (ESL in disguise anyone).

That doesn't mean I want us to lose games to prove a point.

Fact is Sky TV money aside the Championship is miles better than the "Premier" League and a hell of a lot more enjoyable and unpredictable.

Last edited:
Trying to get a good combination for a team out of what’s available is like playing the world’s shittest Rubik’s Cube.

We just have to go again every game till the end of the season. Have to push this team of frauds hopefully to safety.

I fail to see the relevance there - financial implications aside if money was no object I would rather see us in the championship for the following reasons:

1. The top flight has become uncompetitive outside of the doped up Man City and Liverpool

5. The bulk of players in the top flight are overpaid charlatans who have no fight in them.

Even today UEFA have announced that from 2024 Man Utd or Liverpool can finish 15th and still qualify for the CL (ESL in disguise anyone).

Fact is Sky TV money aside the Championship is miles better than the "Premier" League and a hell of a lot more enjoyable and unpredictable.
You know what, and as much as I don't want it to happen, I actually found a lot of cold comfort in this logic.

The majority of fans of Championship teams will tell you it's fantastic league to be in but the main goal of every single championship team is to win the league and get in to the premier league.

I agree that a season of (hopefully) winning on a regular basis in the Championship would be exciting, I wouldn't want to see Everton in that league for any more than 1 season. We have to have ambition to get back to being one of the big 6 again.

The majority of fans of Championship teams will tell you it's fantastic league to be in but the main goal of every single championship team is to win the league and get in to the premier league.

I agree that a season of (hopefully) winning on a regular basis in the Championship would be exciting, I wouldn't want to see Everton in that league for any more than 1 season. We have to have ambition to get back to being one of the big 6 again.

The problem essentially is the championship isn't the top flight division so its "embarassing" to be in it yet the top flight division itself (PL) is that corrupt that unless you support one of 4-5 clubs you have no genuine hope, no aims for anything other than "avoiding relegation" outside of a fluke season you might finish 5th-7th. You cant celebrate a last minute winner anymore - the most basic instinct of a football fan because of VAR and the toenail offside rule and dodgy drawn lines to benefit what VAR official's want the decision to be.

It's sad but thats the truth - on a good season you may finish 7th and qualify for the Europa Conference whereas from 2024 Man Utd can finish below you in 14th and yet qualify for the Champions League earning massive amounts of money to continue allowing them to sign and attract quality players and pay their wages whilst if we offered those same wages we would be breaking "the rules".

The PL is the football opium of the masses hence why fans like Jimishorts believes its amazing to be in the PL and anyone wanting actual fair competition, excitement, hope and old school football are "fools" "heretics" "clueless".

The sooner fans of clubs like ours, Newcastle, Villa, Wolves, Palace etc wake up and smell the coffee the sooner maybe organised protests can happen in a bid to get the money men to listen.

Last edited:
The problem essentially is the championship isn't the top flight division so its "embarassing" to be in it yet the top flight division itself (PL) is that corrupt that unless you support one of 4-5 clubs you have no genuine hope, no aims for anything other than "avoiding relegation" outside of a fluke season you might finish 5th-7th. You cant celebrate a last minute winner anymore - the most basic instinct of a football fan because of VAR and the toenail offside rule and dodgy drawn lines to benefit what VAR official's want the decision to be.

It's sad but thats the truth - on a good season you may finish 7th and qualify for the Europa Conference whereas from 2024 Man Utd can finish below you in 14th and yet qualify for the Champions League earning massive amounts of money to continue allowing them to sign and attract quality players and pay their wages whilst if we offered those same wages we would be breaking "the rules".

The PL is the football opium of the masses hence why fans like Jimishorts believes its amazing to be in the PL and anyone wanting actual fair competition, excitement, hope and old school football are "fools" "heretics" "clueless".

The sooner fans of clubs like ours, Newcastle, Villa, Wolves, Palace etc wake up and smell the coffee the sooner maybe organised protests can happen in a bid to get the money men to listen.
What a strange post.

It scares me that some poeple might believe any of this.

I personally dont consider this as foregone as most, but I sadly still think Everton could and should win every game we play.
After our previous five showings, injuries before games, individual errors, missing big chances, refs and general bad luck, it’s hard to see a win

I understand some of the points you're making but you're aware that typically two of the three or past relegated clubs usually get promoted when they come down it's not the same 6 but it's still certain teams having an advantage which you seem opposed to rightfully so.

Status
Not open for further replies.