Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t think of a manager who hasn’t suffered 2nd season syndrome at our club in living memory. I think Moyes finished 17th in his 2nd season. Albeit with less at his disposal. Martinez suffered and I think a lot to do with it was his insistence of playing Howard beyond his sell by date. Koeman had a catastrophic 2nd season start and we know what happened there. I think the key here is not to panic and give the new players and manager a chance. We are not even out of September and we need to be patient. We haven’t been good but we haven’t been atrocious to the point were we’ve been totally outplayed, out fought out footballed. My last point, we won’t make top 6 while we have Pickford in nets. He’s to weak in his own 6 yard box. Ill go as far as saying I think Robles is more solid and would have made a better keeper given a proper chance. We did finish 7th with him in nets under koeman.

I can’t think of a manager who hasn’t suffered 2nd season syndrome at our club in living memory. I think Moyes finished 17th in his 2nd season. Albeit with less at his disposal. Martinez suffered and I think a lot to do with it was his insistence of playing Howard beyond his sell by date. Koeman had a catastrophic 2nd season start and we know what happened there. I think the key here is not to panic and give the new players and manager a chance. We are not even out of September and we need to be patient. We haven’t been good but we haven’t been atrocious to the point were we’ve been totally outplayed, out fought out footballed. My last point, we won’t make top 6 while we have Pickford in nets. He’s to weak in his own 6 yard box. Ill go as far as saying I think Robles is more solid and would have made a better keeper given a proper chance. We did finish 7th with him in nets under koeman.
We haven't had a manager build on his first season in a very long time. It worried me before the season but I thought the transfers were constructive enough to maybe avoid it. But here we are sat in the bottom half again with a manager looking hopelessly out of ideas. I don't love the idea of sacking a manager midseason but like with Koeman there need to be signs that it is getting better and honestly they aren't there currently.

Yeah the the problem is changing mangers every time we go through a bad patch. Yes the results this season and performances haven’t been good enough. However barring a total disaster this season we need to stick through it and give them another 2 windows, this January and summer. If 10 games in next season then we will have to rethink are options. I can’t think of any manger atm that is available or willing to come that will guarantee success. So my opinion is let’s see what we can do now until the end, but everyone is entitled to have there own opinions.

We haven't had a manager build on his first season in a very long time. It worried me before the season but I thought the transfers were constructive enough to maybe avoid it. But here we are sat in the bottom half again with a manager looking hopelessly out of ideas. I don't love the idea of sacking a manager midseason but like with Koeman there need to be signs that it is getting better and honestly they aren't there currently.
But we were close to sacking him in February too. True there are too many people off their game. Siggardson has started poorly Keane has been poor we are missing Gomes too in the middle. I’m baffled by the Pickford loving considering we’ve conceded less shots than any team in the league barring Liverpool and City. I’m unhappy about our attitude when going behind. Needs addressing no doubt about that and I’m not too happy with his distant nature when this happens. When we lead games we are like a different team and we need to try and have that spirit/ attitude for 90 minutes. Here’s to hoping mate. Another sacking and we start to look a laughing stock unless there is someone Top drawer lined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back