Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we were close to sacking him in February too. True there are too many people off their game. Siggardson has started poorly Keane has been poor we are missing Gomes too in the middle. I’m baffled by the Pickford loving considering we’ve conceded less shots than any team in the league barring Liverpool and City. I’m unhappy about our attitude when going behind. Needs addressing no doubt about that and I’m not too happy with his distant nature when this happens. When we lead games we are like a different team and we need to try and have that spirit/ attitude for 90 minutes. Here’s to hoping mate. Another sacking and we start to look a laughing stock unless there is someone Top drawer lined up.

No we dont

Chelsea sack managers
Spurs sack managers
Leicester sack managers

No one gives a toss other than Paddy Powers Twitter account and self righteous fans of the club itself who seem to think the days of giving managers 5 years to get things right still exist.

But we were close to sacking him in February too. True there are too many people off their game. Siggardson has started poorly Keane has been poor we are missing Gomes too in the middle. I’m baffled by the Pickford loving considering we’ve conceded less shots than any team in the league barring Liverpool and City. I’m unhappy about our attitude when going behind. Needs addressing no doubt about that and I’m not too happy with his distant nature when this happens. When we lead games we are like a different team and we need to try and have that spirit/ attitude for 90 minutes. Here’s to hoping mate. Another sacking and we start to look a laughing stock unless there is someone Top drawer lined up.
Yeah can’t agree more with you. The players need to have a look at themselves as professionals. You play for the club and the fans first not the manager. Basic mistakes we have seen has nothing to do with coaching. It’s the players themselves misplacing simple passes and poor decision making.

On Pickford the shots we do allow are very high quality which is why he gets a bit of a pass. We miss Gomes but I think we miss having a proper tackler and powerhouse in there too which is what Gbamin was supposed to be and what Gueye used to be. I think the CBs have been fine mostly and we've conceded a few times because of changes that were designed to chase the game and left us open.

The attitude thing is crucial. I think tactically Marco has been trash this year but the lack of a winning culture in the club is the biggest obstacle we have and Marco doesn't feel like he has any grasp on how to build that. Sacking him now isn't the right move but if at the end of the year there aren't signs of adjustments and a plan to get better it might be a case of doing what's necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back