Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Totally gutted with the result
I gave motm to Allan but there were a few good performances by our lads and I’m feeling more positive for the future.
Just 2 questions Why did we ever employ Benitez and Alex Iwobi ??
City were very snidey today and didn’t deserve those points ?

I love snide and always didn't mind Man City but, they have become like the RS now, self entitled, think everything should go there way and a fanbase of bellends, the only time I heard them sing was when I was walking back to the car and they were heading back to their coaches.

hahahahahaha. Lad, you’ve watched Leeds & Brentford get pumped today and then watched us undeservedly lose against the best team in the League & you still think we’re going down? Hahahahahahahaa

Why do you think that’s funny?

I think it’s ridiculous that people like yourself cannot see how much trouble we are in. We cannot keep a clean sheet, doesn’t matter who we play against we simply cannot stop other teams scoring goals against us. Our strikers aren’t scoring , our squad is thin , half of our players are coming back from injury and our fixture list is tough.

You sitting there thinking we are to good to go down is exactly the mentality these players seem to have when playing matches and that is simply not true

All my years following, attending, caring about Everton FC. I have to make the following statement. As a man who has Ukrainian heritage I have a lot on my plate right now. I also bleed Royal Blue. I hate the way my team, OUR team, suffer so much bad fortune.

Maybe it would be kind of easy to accept being totally rinsed by City. But instead we all suffer the collective kick up the proverbial. We played well, we were maybe even the better side in the first half.

So what happened?

1. The ref decided to book DvdB for protesting, Allan for complaining he didn't get a penalty. He let's City off several crunching tackles so there's no chance of a City defender on the edge. We lose our play maker to injury, we get overwhelmed, we make ONE mistake - BUT so does the referee and, instead of natural justice we get Brentforded AGAIN (remember, Andy Townsend accidental handball - penalty conceded and, in the very same game, Rondon is hauled back - nothing..

Some BS about an offside in the build up.. Some timewasting by Ederson and Dele gets booked for a nothing challenge.

I'm not saying we should benefit from VAR or refs - but hell, it would be nice once in a while to have a fair crack at the whip.

I can't fault the team performance. I feel better above the rest of the season after that. I think we'll get results in our home games.

For years the rules in football have been so complicated so that referees are never wrong, they just chose to interpret a decision they chose to interpret completely differently a few games before... But that was a clear a handball as you're ever likely to see. He very visibly moves his arm towards the ball to control it. A disgusting decision, further so that it wasn't checked on-field.

I went with Allan as MotM. He always looks good in a 3 man midfield.

Gotta laugh or you'd cry mate - absolute travesty of a bent decision.

Great performance from all our lads, just lacking that bit of luck at both ends of the pitch.

Play like that consistently going forward and we will be fine - doucure has been a big miss.
The officials gave city every decision all day long, the penalty decision depends on weather you are top four or not, the Premier league is corrupt ,geared toward the big names. If that was Liverpool today the ref gives a pen without VAR 100%
This league is corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.