Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unreasonably expectant about this one.
I will be very disappointed if we don't win this. I was confident enough even before the points deduction - the sense of injustice and the undoing of the recent run of form should have the players straining at the leash. I hope there's not too much aggression and we get a man sent off but I'm expecting a few walking wounded in red by the end of the game.

Song for next week: (to the tune of ring of fire)

The football league is falling down
Der der der der der der der der
The premier league is full of clowns
Took 10 points don’t give a f###
Ev-er-ton are staying up

*runs and hides*
You can run but you can't hide. Why would you, that's not bad.

My confidence on this one has been knocked a bit after yesterdays news and I'm worried that the 'pressure of the points deduction' will affect the players and do for us. Hopefully Dyche can get them focussing on doing what we've been doing recently and ignore the'white noise'

My confidence on this one has been knocked a bit after yesterdays news and I'm worried that the 'pressure of the points deduction' will affect the players and do for us. Hopefully Dyche can get them focussing on doing what we've been doing recently and ignore the'white noise'
We had that pressure before and compiled the points we've just been deducted. We'll pick them up again and the neutral football fans will cheer us on because everyone knows we have been unfairly dealt with.

It's ironic that this has happened the same season Luton finally returned to the top league, especially given that their first win back came at Goodison, but there's no way we are going to disappear into the backwaters like they did after they were harshly treated, and continued treated after relegation.

Hopefully there will be a lot more respect for the Hatters because it really is remarkable how they survived and rose like a phoenix. Forget Wrexham, Luton Town is the real Hollywood story.

Last edited:
Well we can't catch a break can we. Let's hope we can get something from our appeal. The best way to engage with this is on the pitch, starting with United. If we wanted to know how strong this new found resilience in the team is, we are about to find out. Up the Toffees.

You know, after watching Rashford last night I don't even think he cares enough to turn up. I think what's going on behind the scenes with his brother is effecting him. Am I tempting fate a little too much here?

Status
Not open for further replies.