Match Thread Everton v Manchester United : Sun 4 Dec : KO 1600

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch enough football (like I'm sure a lot do) to know a good performance when I see one.

Del did not put on a good performance today.

He gets let off the hook so easily, whereas Bolasie (rightly so today mind) gets vilified.

The little Spanish turd just isn't as good as people make him out to be.

I hope he scores a hat-trick next week.

If you are a decent journo/writer, you should know the value of objectivity.

Clearly you don't have any on this issue.

Bolasie had a good game I thought. Not his fault Rom's movement in the area is non-existent. That first cross is with obvious as that he had to get in front of his man but he NEVER does. So static in the area. Everything literally has to be put on a plate for him and he contributes nothing to the build up with his awful touch and awareness. Surely wouldn't be hard to take the money and run in January and get someone in with a brain, willing to run into space and with a decent touch.

I don't think Bolasie was great but the stick he gets on here is unbelievable mind.

That's my point. Del can be crap (as he was) and gets praise, yet Bolasie has an off-game (where he still does some decent stuff) and gets slated.

except he does, he creates space by taking on defenders head on. doesn't come off everytime but defenses need to at least be wary of him
In a team mate where 7 of our players don't venture beyond the half way line having a winger with no end product us just another flaw in the team. So he creates space and tries to take defenders on? how does thst win games?

We can't afford to have players in these positions who don't have end products because when they don't, we have no functioning attack without relying on lukaku to do everything as per usual

If you are a decent journo/writer, you should know the value of objectivity.

Clearly you don't have any on this issue.

I am not saying Bolasie was very good today.

I am also not writing Del off completely, by any means.

What I am saying is that I expect better from him.

He has come on in the last few games and done nothing - absolutely nothing - to warrant a starting place.

In a team mate where 7 of our players don't venture beyond the half way line having a winger with no end product us just another flaw in the team. So he creates space and tries to take defenders on? how does thst win games?

We can't afford to have players in these positions who don't have end products because when they don't, we have no functioning attack without relying on lukaku to do everything as per usual

Bolasie has end product. His objective is to get the ball into the area, towards teammates. He does that.

Bolasie has end product. His objective is to get the ball into the area, towards teammates. He does that.
You could have a welly boot on a robot that could aimlessly punt the ball into the box.

Anyway, what was Barkley so upset about? If he was dropped whilst playing 8/10 every week then fine but he's been arse for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back