Match Thread Everton v Manchester United : Sun 4 Dec : KO 1600

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall - United should have been down to 10, maybe 9 men because of the snide Ibrahimovic and Rojo. No idea how it wasn't given. Stek had a moment of madness which led to their goal. Mirallas had a great chance well saved, and we did look like a solid team, doing well to get a point.

Sad but true

Him and Clev coming off changed the game

Worrying thing is Koeman thought they should start

Koeman clearly started Bolasie as he has been our best winger so far this season. Every fact and stat backs that up.

He didn't play well at all today though, bar that run and cross in the first half.

My point is neither did Del.

people very split about deulofeu and bolasie here. My guess is that peole think deulofeu did good cause we got a goal when he was on. the truth though is that deulofeu has been poor all games this season, while bolasie has been decent.

Was it just a coincidence that when Valencia and Del came on we all of a sudden looked like a proper team with shape, intensity, and we kept hold of the ball better, and also used the ball better in the final third.

but is that a reason for playing deulofeu instead of him? or is that just the manager who should tell the players not to hoof to him so much in games it doesnt work?

It happens every game though. The tactics are, win it back, get the defence on the back foot by hitting Bolasie or Lukaku. Its also why Bolasie sees more of the ball as hes the main outlet.

While I don't think Mirallas is playing well, I can see why he doesn't have an impact on a game when hes not the focus of an attack.

Same with Lukaku. Hes not a target man but is being used like it and its why hes not score in 11 and got to a point where he hasn't even had a shot today.

The point is...hes played the same players and played the same way for the last 10 games. Everyone else has been shuffled or dropped from the back 4 to the midfield (bar Gana).

Why not the front 2?

I'm not saying Del is the answer, but if you want to keep the ball and play football, hes a better shout and could give us something we don't have.

Stek / Joel

Holgate - Williams - Funes - Baines

Mirallas - Gueye - Barry - Barkley

Valencia - Lukaku

Subs: Stek / Joel, Jags, Clevs, McCarthy, Davies, Lennon, Del.

Presuming Coleman and Bolasie are out, that'd be my side next week.
I'd swap Barry for Kev and put Barkley in the middle. Good looking team, it's about time we tried taking the game to teams instead of containment with the hope of nicking something.

Was it just a coincidence that when Valencia and Del came on we all of a sudden looked like a proper team with shape, intensity, and we kept hold of the ball better, used the ball better in the final third.

Del lost the ball more times than I could count Lou.

Valencia worked very hard and deserves to start.

As I've said, I'd happily see that team that finished start next week. However, Del has a lot of making up to do for me, just thought he was poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back