Everton v Newcastle. 15th March at 16.00.

The thing you like most about Newcastle?

• The nightlife

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • The generally pleasant people

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • THE UTTER FILTH HOUND WOMEN

Votes: 114 42.1%
  • Peter Beardsley

Votes: 53 19.6%
  • Ant & Dec

Votes: 29 10.7%
  • William Wallace

Votes: 33 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Positves from yesterday.

1) We won, most important.
2) We carried something from the Kiev game and it worked oddly enough.
3) Lennon involved in two goals yesterday through his pace, fantastic stuff.
4) Atsu also involved, crazy to think wide players on the pitch are actually good for us?!
5) We finally killed a team in the league.

Yesterdays game was nothing more than what we should have done plenty more of this year, a must win game and we won it. Now we win the next two and you can all kiss Martinez's arse for all i care. He is the best manager in the world when we are winning so long may that continue eh?

Pretty good overall although I think we got a bit sloppy late in the game, even though they were down to ten.

We got the points which was the main thing and we didn't look like a team that's going down.

I've just watched it back and there was applause that started at the 17th minute which was for 2 fans who died in that plance crash.

And there was on/off booing throughout the minute till it turned to 18' and a huge roar went up.

Nothing happened on the pitch worth booing so i guess as we were playing well we didn't wanna boo the team this time so booed a round of applause for some dead Newcastle fans instead.

I think the Newcastle fans were booing us for not clapping as well, so they were booing and clapping at the same time

Almost the perfect win really;
1) Clean Sheet (alcaraz looked solid)
2) Baines returns
3) We play 4-4-2 (Kone and Lukaku link well)
4) We are beginning to get the best out of Lukaku
5) We find a way to fit Osman in and our play improves, despite his lack of physical attributes he oozes class
6) Gibson starts and looks back to his old self (while the partnership between him and McCarthy looks strong)
7) Lennon plays well.
8) Atsu shows a glimpse of his ability
9) Barkley scores a good goal, which will do his confidence no harm.

We win 3-0 having not played that well. This win, more than the Kiev win is a turning point for me. We are finally playing to Lukaku's strengths. He has scored 10 in his last 14. If we can get through Thursday and follow up with a win at QPR I really think we can finish as high as 10th.

Really pleased to see Atsu do something. Been desperate to see him get a chance after his AFCON performance. Showed good pace and very good awareness to play a perfect pass to Ross. Hopefully he can show us more of that before the season ends to give us something to think about when it comes to signing him on a permanent.

superb win. defeat would have left us in serious trouble with everyone of the teams at the bottom smelling blood. That demolition of Newcastle is something to build on, upwards and onwards blues

Almost the perfect win really;
1) Clean Sheet (alcaraz looked solid)
2) Baines returns
3) We play 4-4-2 (Kone and Lukaku link well)
4) We are beginning to get the best out of Lukaku
5) We find a way to fit Osman in and our play improves, despite his lack of physical attributes he oozes class
6) Gibson starts and looks back to his old self (while the partnership between him and McCarthy looks strong)
7) Lennon plays well.
8) Atsu shows a glimpse of his ability
9) Barkley scores a good goal, which will do his confidence no harm.

We win 3-0 having not played that well. This win, more than the Kiev win is a turning point for me. We are finally playing to Lukaku's strengths. He has scored 10 in his last 14. If we can get through Thursday and follow up with a win at QPR I really think we can finish as high as 10th.

It was evident that our passing was more froward, even mentioned by Neville on MOTD highlighting the contribution of Gibson and Osman. I wonder if the great play was also a consequence of no Barry and no Mirallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back