Everton v Newcastle. 15th March at 16.00.

The thing you like most about Newcastle?

• The nightlife

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • The generally pleasant people

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • THE UTTER FILTH HOUND WOMEN

Votes: 114 42.1%
  • Peter Beardsley

Votes: 53 19.6%
  • Ant & Dec

Votes: 29 10.7%
  • William Wallace

Votes: 33 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we traditionally do better when we have a baldy in the centre of the park. Look how we did with Joe parkinson (fa cup), lee carsley (champions league) now that Gibbo has returned with an almost completely smooth swede we are going to rise up the league and win the Europa

Darnitt.

If only Colin Harvey had moved Ian Wilson to centre mid :(

I hate this "season turner" cant you see the ability is there it's just martinez won't change his tactics or commands.

Had the fans not got on the players back we would have never mixed it up and shock horror we won. Until martinez changes there will be no season turner it really is that simple
Have faith. Told u so !

Come Thursday, trade Atsu for Lennon, Barry for Gibson, Garbutt for Baines and possibly Mirallas/Naismith for Kone/Osman and keep with the same formation and we will win there...We made Kiev look good last time out

Important is the word id use for the win on Sunday.

We played well but sometimes the passing was one too many, i dont mind knocking it about when 2-0 or 3-0 up it drains the opposition mentally as well as physically. Must beat Kiev and QPR and things will look a little better.

Newcastle United captain Fabricio Coloccini will serve a three-game suspension following his sending-off at Everton on Sunday. The Argentine defender was given a straight red card for serious foul play following a challenge on Aaron Lennon in the second half at Goodison Park.

The Club submitted a claim for wrongful dismissal but an Independent Regulatory Commission rejected that claim on Tuesday. Therefore, Coloccini's standard punishment of a three-match suspension remains and will commence with immediate effect, meaning he will miss Barclays Premier League fixtures against Arsenal, Sunderland and Liverpool.

It was evident that our passing was more froward, even mentioned by Neville on MOTD highlighting the contribution of Gibson and Osman. I wonder if the great play was also a consequence of no Barry and no Mirallas.
Were it not for the fact that Barry and Mirallas were two of our better players against Kiev, this theory might be sound. The truth of it is that Newcastle were AWFUL, and Kiev were ok despite missing at least three starters.

Put it this way - if Kiev played Newcastle, who do you think would win?

Were it not for the fact that Barry and Mirallas were two of our better players against Kiev, this theory might be sound. The truth of it is that Newcastle were AWFUL, and Kiev were ok despite missing at least three starters.

Put it this way - if Kiev played Newcastle, who do you think would win?

To be honest, I thought Mirallas was pretty anonymous in the Kiev game.

Agree witchoo about Barry, though.

Yes, the lesser-spotted Mirallas. Rarely seen in flight on the wing, and ruffled feathers tend to impede performance, but majestic when ready to fly south.
Ha - he has fantastic plumage, pity he is trying to hawk himself to CL clubs

Mmmmm....
My username is kind of a clue as to how I got interested in football in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back