Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United, KO 20:00 Mon 23rd April

Should I have bothered to finish my last paragraph?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • No it’s ok, we’re all emotionally drained and understand

Votes: 120 74.5%
  • Cheese on toast fella

Votes: 33 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This game holds huge interest for an end of season mid-table clash with both teams safe from relegation and Europe. Newcastle are resurgent and looking to leapfrog Everton for 2M quid. Everton clearly have a manager in extreme jeopardy but need to win to keep the 2M. With Everton looking to rebuild next season (even if the Abominable Showman stays) the players are all auditioning in some sense, for staying or new clubs, in what will be a very abbreviated transfer window. Then we have the BFS vs FSW aspect. With the additional twist that both sets of fans despise BFS in some numbers.
I suspect this will be an Everton win but very close - we dont score much. Additionally we have a porous defense, so maybe a 2-1 win. That will further muddy the BFS waters, much to the chagrin of us haters, and perhaps delay the inevitable. Mayhap our board and executives should take a week and watch how Arsenal go about this process as a model based on how a football club should behave?

Frankly if Allardyce wants any chance to be here next season, he needs to realize 1. we're not getting relegated and 2. we're not getting Europe, so there's NOTHING to lose by playing around with the team. show us you're willing to play youth.

maybe Garbutt finally gets a run out! Vlasic gets in the squad, Davies and Baningame (Spell check needed) and Gueye in the midfield... but of course he won't.

and it's our youth we need to develop too, I've heard rumors about Lookman and Vlasic wanting to leave to get consistent playing time... most of the fans agree Lookman is a MUST KEEP but Vlasic has been doing well too! he just needs game time and he's looked very promising, and for Croatia U21s he's also looked awesome, but the kid did a lot of work for us that he needs to be recognized for

I hope Sam starts him

It's been a crap season.But i hope we stuff Newcastle and the fat spanish waiter on Monday night!We could do without the added humiliation of that shower finishing above us.So yeah if we smash this lot, then i'll be delighted.

Another Monday night home game against the Barcodes. I wonder if they'll be bringing more than the 1,200 they've done on the other such occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back