Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United, KO 20:00 Mon 23rd April

Should I have bothered to finish my last paragraph?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • No it’s ok, we’re all emotionally drained and understand

Votes: 120 74.5%
  • Cheese on toast fella

Votes: 33 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a very good season, but I think some on here a drawing a rather long bow in declaring it a watershed. Yes, we have seen off some historically competitor peers, the likes of Southampton, West Brom and, (possibly our nearest equivalent?), Stoke City. But, with Stoke's demise, Newcastle stands up to the plate in being our now nearest rival in terms of relevance.
Biggest game of the season? I think so.
A massive TV audience in one or two pubs in Liverpool and Newcastle will be watching two teams with gargantuan delusions of importance.
I have loved watching Everton the past generation gestate into the entity it has become. I am certain, Geordie fans feel the same about the massiveness of their team.
What a time to be alive! What a time to be a BLUE!!!

NSNO

Do we think a few players are going to be unavailable for this?

Could be looking too much into it but a few hours ago Rooney posted on his Instagram that he's been on a break in Anglesey this weekend and Bolasie isn't even in the country.. is stuff like this normal the day before a game?

Probably normal under Allardyce's reign. Surprised he didn't taken them to Dubai for the weekend to celebrate their awesome draw against Swansea. May as well try and drain a few more quid out of the club while he can. Must be nice to be on 6 mill a year and have zero ambitions and expect zero accountability.

Last edited:
Roberto one of the pundits for tomorrow night's game on Sky.

Hopefully that carpet bagger has recognised what a disaster he unleashed here and begs RM to come back.

1-0 boring meaningless waste of time for everyone unfortunate enough to put themselves through watching it, or as I like to call it then normal boring crap we have watched this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back