Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This game all depends if we can get back Onana and Coleman.

Personally if those two don't play, I still want two changes v Palace:

Pickford
Patterson - Keane - Tarkowski - Mykolenko
Iwobi - Garner - Gueye - McNeil
Doucoure

DCL

If all fit,
Coleman for Patterson
Garner for Onana

Stranger things have happened than us getting a point against Newcastle or a point against City. Or even a win against one of them. But something special will only happen if there's a truly special atmosphere at Goodison, just as there was last season against Chelsea... when everyone had resigned themselves to the fact that Burnley were going to finish ahead of us.

When Goodison is rocking anything is possible.

I remember Wimbledon and I remember Coventry. I remember the trepidation and ultimately the jubilation. I didn't write us off when we were 2-0 down against Wimbledon and needed to win to stay up, so with 24 points still to play for and with 3 dire teams still below us I refuse to give up.

Dyche, rather uncharacteristically, made some mistakes against Fulham and against Palace. We have also sorely missed Doucoure since being sent off. However, our overall home record under Dyche is solid and that will keep us up... as long as we Blues keep the faith.

We fans need to treat every remaining home game as a cup final, just as we did last season. With just a few games to go last season we were actually in the relegation zone and Burnley were very much in the ascendency. But we stayed up and maintained our Premier League status... just as we will this season.

We are Everton. We don't do relegation. In our entire 140-year history we have been relegated just twice and we have enjoyed more seasons in the top division than any other club.

Resigning ourselves to relegation achieves nothing. It simply plays into the hands of those who would love to see us on our knees and relegated to the oblivion of the lower leagues.

Keep the faith, Blues.
There are only 18 points to play for, and 2 dire teams beneath us. I admire your positive attitude, but we’re 50/50 to stay up imo

I hope all attending Evertonians sing Thursday particularly Everturn Everturn Everturn, Ever turn Ever turn Ever turen. Every single fan. Be as loud as you can
and don't let those skunks out sing us either

Fans will do their job make no mistake about that.

Up to the manager and players to do theirs.

It simply has to be one of those special nights.

Fans will do their job make no mistake about that.

Up to the manager and players to do theirs.

It simply has to be one of those special nights.

Exactly.

But I think the Fulham game was flat. And i'm saying ALL attending fans need to sing. Make it absolutely deafening. And also boo every touch Newcastle have make it intimidating. There's a lot riding on this we all know but I think you're right it has to be one of those special nights.

Exactly.

But I think the Fulham game was flat. And i'm saying ALL attending fans need to sing. Make it absolutely deafening. And also boo every touch Newcastle have make it intimidating. There's a lot riding on this we all know but I think you're right it has to be one of those special nights.

It will be mate, the fans will play their part. Thursday night, evening match at Goodison.....we know what is coming ;)

we know what is coming

71A83312-FD77-4F59-8F39-3ABAC3C35116.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back