Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
1516959303.jpg

OK. Looks like Ijjy and Goat are on their period and Chico is, as usual, taking a well earned break. It's down to a rank amateur like me to try and serve up a fun and informative preview. Don't hold your breath on that score.

What about those blues hey. how boss are we? remains to be seen really but when the important things in life (You know, family, health, jobs) are sorted there's nothing better than watching Everton win. And when there not it can give you a little lift.

Next up we welcome the good (but slightly odd) folk from Norfolk to Walton for a secon round 'League' cup tie.
$(KGrHqF,!pME8WuPsgY4BPTSHHbN3Q~~60_1.JPG

A quick glance at ceefax (only kodding) tells me they're second in the Championship. This could be good for us as they should really be concentrating on their league form and maybe resting key players.
Why on earth am I worrying about Norwich's key players ffs?

WA1957947.jpg

I'll be honest I'm not sure who their key players are much less their bench warmers.

I'm thinking Robbie Brady, Wes Holahan, Russel Martin and Ruel Fox. Oh yeah ex blues Naismith and Ruddy
Oh what the hell, we should batter these with our under 18s

COtHJGqXAAA2Pc2.jpg

So what's our line up? no idea tbh. Maybe Robles in goal. I'd imagine Holgate will get a game and in light of Lukaku's knock Valencia might get a start. Cleverley in to give Barry a rest and Del in for Bolasie.
Does Gana need a rest. He doesn't seem to but I get tired just watching him.

I'm running out of ideas now so it's your turn to take baton and run with it.

Come on Blues. Do it to them before they do it to us.

Nice work Jamo.
Shame the performance on the pitch didn't live up to the preview, but brown smelly stuff happens.

I hope the luck is on our side with regards to injuries and suspensions.Because last night showed that were lacking in squad depth.Were in trouble if Lukaku picks up an injury that will keep him out for months.

3 or 4 games that's sound then mate should give him a new contract he showed last night he isn't a good squad player with that performance.average at best if you want average squad he's your man.

Granted I didn't get to see the game yesterday, but 3-4 games a season is 10% of the season. A squad player who is MOTM 10% of the season is doing a job.

So you change the system slightly 'if needed'
How do you do that?

Go 4-4-2 and bring on Kone. Play 3 forwards and suffer the same problem we had at West Brom. When we are without Rom we miss a big strong target man and against weaker sides who sit deep that would always be an issue.

Look on the bright side. It's the reason Liverpool probably won't do anything this season.

I agree. It was a test for Funes Mori, Holgate, Cleverly, Lennon, Deulofeu and Valencia. Maybe even Barkley.

It probably means we will be busy in January
Severely doubt that.

The board made the manager sell to buy in the summer, so who will he be forced to sell in January to free up funds? Lukaku? lol

Just hope, somehow, we can continue this run until then... stay in touch of the top 4 by January, and then a miracle happens and Mr Moshiri decides to put his hand in his pocket - but I won't hold my breath.

If we would of still been in this cup we would of been over the moon with draw last night....3 of the so called bigger clubs would of gone out in the next round

Just saying...

Severely doubt that.

The board made the manager sell to buy in the summer, so who will he be forced to sell in January to free up funds? Lukaku? lol

Just hope, somehow, we can continue this run until then... stay in touch of the top 4 by January, and then a miracle happens and Mr Moshiri decides to put his hand in his pocket - but I won't hold my breath.
You are probably right but it really would make a mockery of the "warchest" if we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back