Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity I watched Kone during half time to see what he'd be doing to get himself warmed up. He literally did this little shuffle thing on the same spot and didn't move for the whole 15 minutes, didn't touch a ball once. When he gets minutes in the pitch I spend the majority of the time in bulk At him trying to act like he can play football.

I'm not saying don't be disappointed - I certainly am.

I'm saying there's no need to be upset, no need to mass-fume-meltdown.

i totally agree, but there are people who actually think it is a good thing we are knocked out of a Cup that we have as good a chance of winning as anybody. In my little world silverware is silverware and we are not big enough to turn our nose up at it, but for some reason people say we should look at the bigger picture...
I don't blame rk for this, I look at it just being a very lacklustre performance that every team endures, and for me it will test our character in the next few games.
Dissapointed is what we all should be...simply as the performance was lacklustre and we know we are better than this

Well, if Bournemouth snot us on Saturday let the fume commence. They had a much-changed team yesterday too but around half of them will start against us and they played 120 minutes, plus have started the season poorly. Let's have our third away victory in a row please, then the pain from yesterday's result will be eased.

Don't agree with the 'glad we are out' mentality. we all wanted to get through last night so right to be at least a bit gutted about losing.

But we went out for 3 reasons.

1. 2 blatent handballs stopping goals not given.
2. Players couldn't hit the target, either blazing it (del) or trying to turn the defender too often (barkley)
3. No attacking back up.

but we weren't bad last night either. We played quite well. Created chances we should have scored, and if even if only a few went in, we walk out last night 4-2 winners.

It happens, everton normally go out of this cup early anyway, so not arsed in that sense.

It just makes it crystal clear that we have to do everything we can to keep Lukaku fit.

60 minutes gone in a game and we're two up? Get him off and rested.

75 minutes gone in a tough away game and we're level? Get him off and be happy with the hard-earned point.

He picks up a knock and playing him in the next game might mean he misses the two after that? Don't play him and just have him miss the one game.

That's unfortunately the way it will need to be following the board's disgusting refusal to back the manager in the transfer market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back