Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
We want to compare ourselves to the likes of Spurs, Liverpool...

Spurs' strikers:
Kane, Janssen, Son

RS strikers:
Firminho, Sturridge, Ings, Origi

Us:
Lukaku, Kone, Niasse, Valencia

---

then look at the 'Barkley role' and what we can offer there:

Us:
Barkley, then an out-of-position Mirallas of Deulofeu. Other than that, nobody.

Spurs:
Lamela, Dembele, Alli, Son can play there too, as can Eriksen

RS:
Lallana, Mane, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Coutinho

---

Even the keepers... Stekelenberg/Robles vs Lloris/Vorm vs Mignolet/Karius.

So that's two absolutely KEY positions we only have one good player for, and of the two (Lukaku/Barkley) you can only rely on one of them, and the other is looking like he is going backwards fast.

We're absolutely lightyears behind those two clubs and it will show over the season.

That's why Koeman has set the realistic target of competing for top six/seven...

Janssen has played 206 minutes so far this season. The only effect he's had was when he came on against u s- playing in a two.

We haven't seen Valencia play in a two yet either.

I think you're right in that Janssen hasn't been here long enough to judge - but my point was Spurs have been reliant on Kane just as much as we have been on Rom...
Your point may have been valid last season but it's not now. Janssen was bought to fix that problem and I wouldn't say he has had no effect.

He has actually missed a load of chances but that's OK. As I said regarding Deulofeu it's when players stop getting them that's when it's really time to worry. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes in and does great for Spurs although I hope that's not the case as Kane's injury might give us a bit time to pull ahead of one of our closest rivals.

Your point may have been valid last season but it's not now. Janssen was bought to fix that problem and I wouldn't say he has had no effect.

He has actually missed a load of chances but that's OK. As I said regarding Deulofeu it's when players stop getting them that's when it's really time to worry. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes in and does great for Spurs although I hope that's not the case as Kane's injury might give us a bit time to pull ahead of one of our closest rivals.

He hasn't scored a goal or provided an assist.

End of the day we wouldn't be talking like this had Del and Barkley finished the chances they had.

And Leicester won the league keeping Mahrez and Vardy fit.

We are short another top striker, should have played Kone as the target man last night, or even Mirallas he's played that role before, Valencia is a winger that is clear.

Again it's not the fact that he hasn't taken his chances but the fact Valencia hasn't had chances that worries me.

But you've said yourself the chances weren't created for him?

And he's played 90 minutes in anger - he had two chances - one which went wide (more of a half-chance) and the shot off the line.

Agree wholly that he's probably not set out to be a loan striker, but it's yet to be proved that Janssen is.

And Leicester won the league keeping Mahrez and Vardy fit.

We are short another top striker, should have played Kone as the target man last night, or even Mirallas he's played that role before, Valencia is a winger that is clear.

He isn't a winger. He's a striker.

He's just not cut out to be the lone striker in English football.

But you've said yourself the chances weren't created for him?

And he's played 90 minutes in anger - he had two chances - one which went wide (more of a half-chance) and the shot off the line.

Agree wholly that he's probably not set out to be a loan striker, but it's yet to be proved that Janssen is.
And I also said those same players have had no problem creating chances for Rom. Sometimes when a striker isn't getting chances it's not down to the service but down to the player to put himself in the position to get chances.

And I also said those same players have had no problem creating chances for Rom. Sometimes when a striker isn't getting chances it's not down to the service but down to the player to put himself in the position to get chances.

Well yes but I think after one game you're jumping the gun...

Perhaps but I wouldn't want to risk giving him another chance.

Honestly would you?

Niasse hasn't had many chances either and none of us would want to risk giving him one either.

Yes. He's a decent player - I've seen enough of him over the past few years to know that.

Niasse is awful.

Yes. He's a decent player - I've seen enough of him over the past few years to know that.

Niasse is awful.
Decent player or not. He's not a lone striker and you yourself admit that.

We have other squad players who are much better than him in all the other positions he can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back