Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest : 3pm KO : Saturday 20th August 2022

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they have no sponsor, Lou.

I think it was a case of them thinking they could get more dosh khal.

Nottingham Forest are still without a shirt sponsor as they prepare to play their first Premier League game at the City Ground for 23 years.

Former shirt sponsors BOXT have disclosed that Forest turned down a "multi-million pound offer" to continue their partnership with the boiler company ahead of this season. They were the main sponsors last term after a short-term deal with the company was agreed back in April 2021 and extended for 2021/22.

In a statement posted by BOXT, they stated that the club wanted to go "in a different direction" following their return to the Premier League. The company said: "We’d like to take this opportunity to thank Nottingham Forest for allowing us to step in and become their front of shirt sponsors for the last 2 seasons, we’d especially like to thank the loyal Forest fans for the way in which they have embraced us.

"We’ve enjoyed every minute of the journey of getting Forest back to where they deserve to be (both as BOXT and also as football fans). We’re incredibly disappointed to not be working together for the upcoming season, we had submitted a multi-million pound offer but unfortunately the club want to go in a different direction for their front of shirt sponsorship. On that note, we’d like to wish them and their fans the very best for their first season back in the Premier League."

The Reds have opened up a massive avenue for commercial gains following promotion into the top flight and NottinghamshireLive reported at the start of the month that the club were in discussions with potential partners. Those talks are understood to still be ongoing.

I think it was a case of them thinking they could get more dosh khal.

Nottingham Forest are still without a shirt sponsor as they prepare to play their first Premier League game at the City Ground for 23 years.

Former shirt sponsors BOXT have disclosed that Forest turned down a "multi-million pound offer" to continue their partnership with the boiler company ahead of this season. They were the main sponsors last term after a short-term deal with the company was agreed back in April 2021 and extended for 2021/22.

In a statement posted by BOXT, they stated that the club wanted to go "in a different direction" following their return to the Premier League. The company said: "We’d like to take this opportunity to thank Nottingham Forest for allowing us to step in and become their front of shirt sponsors for the last 2 seasons, we’d especially like to thank the loyal Forest fans for the way in which they have embraced us.

"We’ve enjoyed every minute of the journey of getting Forest back to where they deserve to be (both as BOXT and also as football fans). We’re incredibly disappointed to not be working together for the upcoming season, we had submitted a multi-million pound offer but unfortunately the club want to go in a different direction for their front of shirt sponsorship. On that note, we’d like to wish them and their fans the very best for their first season back in the Premier League."

The Reds have opened up a massive avenue for commercial gains following promotion into the top flight and NottinghamshireLive reported at the start of the month that the club were in discussions with potential partners. Those talks are understood to still be ongoing.

Cheers, Lou ?

I went for Alex Iwobi for MoM again.

Tom Davies played well, Demari Gray played well in patches and scored, but has this tendency to stop with the ball instead of passing to a team-mate. This is a thing that a lot of our players do. When they do a lot of quick passes it gets them into dangerous areas but they don't do it enough. Having Rondon on from the start, although he isn't fast, did give us a focal point and I don't think he should have been taken off for McNeil who did nothing. Putting Onana on for Tom Davies was a mistake, and I think all off you who thought he should have started need to have a look at yourselves because the guy is obviously not ready for a starting place. Tarkowski was poor today, I hope it was a one off.
Unusually you have to put a lot of the blame for their goal onto Jordan Pickford, he shouldn't be pushing the ball into open space in the area, but he did redeem himself with his assist for our goal.
If we'd managed to take advantage of our domination in the first 20 minutes with a couple of goals it could have been a very different outcome as Forest aren't really that good, but in Everton's usual way we let the opposition take over running the game.

Huge goal to be fair. If we'd lost that it would have been absolutely meltdown. At least now we have something, however small, to build on (by spending another week not managing to complete deals for any new signings and sabotaging the next game, again).

Need to see more of the front players running through their lines onto a through ball. They seemed to play it across the front of the defense until one was open to a shot from outside the box. That is until Pickford played that nice ball through to Gray for the goal :dance:.

I'm not worried about us this season - think we will be ok once we have a recognized striker up front feeding off the wingers.

Went for Iwobi as MOM. Thought he had another good performance.

I think that went as most people predicted.

Forest were there for the taking, yet we couldn't make it count.

Iwobi, stand out performer again. Honestly if someone made a highlight video of his last 6 months, there would be FIFA nerds creaming all over him.
We are so desperate for a striker. We just need some absolute rat who can find the onion bag when in the box. Countless lay-offs to Gordon who couldn't make it count.

As it stands, we're putting more pressure on ourselves being striker-less

As infuriating as it is being at 1 point from the first 3 matches, all 3 of the matches could have and in some cases should have turned on just a couple of moments. We were bad luck vs Chelsea, NF turned so many off the line. Get a real striker in, get Dom back, get another Winger and a CM, and this team is at least playing much better than last season.

In two of the 3 matches the only goals have been a PK and off of a rebound.

From what I could gather, the game had a feeling of tension similar to the Wolves & Brentford games at home last season. We lost both of those and drew this time. Things could be better, but they could be worse as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.