Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
His arm should have been superglued to his body. Wish some of these people would go for their morning jog with their arms straight down their sides. They would look bloody odd. lol
Natural position doesn’t matter anymore. Handballs are given this season when the arm is away from the body.

The pen against Wan Bissaka in the cup against Coventry is a good example, his was closer to his body and he looked like he was pulling it away, but it was still given.

If those decisions went against us, this board would be in uproar, we’ve been in uproar over much less obvious decisions many times. It would be better to recognise it happening to all teams and pressure them together, into trying to improve the refereeing.

They are going on that they should have had 3 pens. Doesn't work like that.

If any are given then the game takes a different route and any later ones don't happen.
Gives the first then the other 2 don't happen.
Gives the second means first one wasn't given and last one doesn't happen.
Gives last one because first two weren't given.

The officials had 3 opportunities to give 1 penalty. That's the way it works.

I don’t agree. There have been games where teams have more than one pen given, there’s nothing to say that other pens don’t happen if the first or second are given.

If the first or second is given, there is every chance Young gets a red card as well.

I don’t agree. There have been games where teams have more than one pen given, there’s nothing to say that other pens don’t happen if the first or second are given.

If the first or second is given, there is every chance Young gets a red card as well.
If young is sent off for the first or second, I'd say it greatly reduces the chances of him conceding the third.

AirMo', you don't get it.
If the first one had been given the game would have gone in a different direction, and those other two penalty calls wouldn't
have occurred. There may have other controversial incidents, but not those two.

In The Athletic, most clubs calling them babies, but one statement showed sympathy. What we reckon? This sounds like it could be us given the statement around points. Or Burnley, they love a moan over points when they’re in 19th

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpeg
    IMG_0406.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 2
AirMo', you don't get it.
If the first one had been given the game would have gone in a different direction, and those other two penalty calls wouldn't
have occurred. There may have other controversial incidents, but not those two.

No, you don’t get it. It could have gone in a different direction but there is nothing to say that other pen calls wouldn’t have occurred, which may/may not have been controversial. Those exact calls may still have occurred, just because it goes in a different direction a bit doesn’t mean other events definitely don’t occur.

This argument is a bit of a pointless argument though, this is how it did happen. Theorising on other possible worlds where X might/might not occur is not that useful.

No, you don’t get it. It could have gone in a different direction but there is nothing to say that other pen calls wouldn’t have occurred, which may/may not have been controversial. Those exact calls may still have occurred, just because it goes in a different direction a bit doesn’t mean other events definitely don’t occur.

This argument is a bit of a pointless argument though, this is how it did happen. Theorising on other possible worlds where X might/might not occur is not that useful.
I'd try to explain it to you again, but there's obviously no point.

In The Athletic, most clubs calling them babies, but one statement showed sympathy. What we reckon? This sounds like it could be us given the statement around points. Or Burnley, they love a moan over points when they’re in 19th
Thought that was a joke, until I read the actual article. Proper piss take saying "a club who wanted to remain anonymous" and then saying "we mentioned getting a bigger points deduction".

I'd try to explain it to you again, but there's obviously no point.
You are starting from a false premise. You are saying if the 1st penalty is given, the other two wouldn’t have occurred. This isn’t true. Even if it had been given, there is actually nothing that means those two definitely don’t still happen.

You are using the idea that if the first is given then the direction of the game must change. That actually isn’t the case, it may change, but there is nothing that makes it an absolute or certainty that those things don’t happen.

Most penalties awarded aren't penalties IMO. The forwards are at it all the time and the refs are mugs.

I wouldn't give a pen unless the defender literally pulled out a gun and threatened to shoot the attacker.

Most penalties awarded aren't penalties IMO. The forwards are at it all the time and the refs are mugs.

I wouldn't give a pen unless the defender literally pulled out a gun and threatened to shoot the attacker.
Bit harsh on the defender, that. A penalty for only threatening to shoot someone? That's like the time the rs got given a penalty because the ref said even though the defender didn't make contact, there was "intent".