Everton v Southampton. 4th April at 15.00.

Level of arsed abar Everton?

• Tuesday in work

Votes: 41 33.6%
  • Office temp just posted her holiday bikini photos on Facebook

Votes: 49 40.2%
  • Break up tomorrow for summer holidays

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Chrimbo

Votes: 18 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game and thought it was a good team effort to get a result against a team that beat us convincingly at St Mary's earlier this season. Howard made a crucial save to keep scores level early on, Baines improved his delivery from corners, Lennon continues to prove that he has the pace and ability and also awareness to support Coleman in defence.
We did give the ball away frequently at times but this seemed largely due to the ability of Southampton to be good at pressing and closing us down quickly.
Great to get the win and a clean sheet.

Exactly as I saw it. Three wins on the bounce and still there's moans and groans. I'm all for continual improvement but people need to lighten up a bit with the 'we're sh1t' rubbish.

Exactly as I saw it. Three wins on the bounce and still there's moans and groans. I'm all for continual improvement but people need to lighten up a bit with the 'we're sh1t' rubbish.
We didn't play particularly well, especially in the second half, but a win is a win. Three points against a good team and survival all but guaranteed.

There is room for improvement as you mentioned, yet we are starting to see more positives than negatives: that can't be a bad thing.

The manager has proved he can adapt these last few matches. And his post match stuff was a lot more like it. Lesson(s) learnt.

QUOTE="roydo, post: 3478508, member: 6929"]The manager has proved he can adapt these last few matches. [/QUOTE]
I have been one of RMs greatest critics, and I'm still far from convinced that he'll be able to take us much further, but fair do's to him he has shown a previously hidden ability to play defensively in recent weeks. Pity though that he didn't take that same mindset to Kiev.

it seemed to me yesterday that Kone wasn't playing as a striker. He spent all of his time bringing onrushing midfielders into play, so much so he was hardly ever in what you would call a striker position. Most of the time he was just getting to the edge of the box catching up with play as the ball came in after being involved on the halfway line, not already hanging around inside the box waiting for the ball.

Just wondering if that was deliberate to confuse markers or not.

...Barry was fine today, he's that type who the players appreciate more than the fans. Good to have him around and if we have somebody better who is fit and able then fine.
We appreciated him last season. He certainly looks better after a rest.

Besic please, younger, more mobile and more aggressive... And Gibson is too injury prone.
Besic and McCarthy - Now teams have stopped our fullbacks it would require one or even both to improve dramatically when in attack.

Although if we had a stronger front 4 it would probably be fine.

It's stupid comments like that make it easy for them to ridicule us at rawk.

I want Everton to win every match we play, no matter what.
So you where the one that wanted us to beat City last season.

Also it's not stupid. Football is a zero sum game especially if you are from the same city.

Their success makes our success harder. For us to succeed we should want them to fail.

Last edited:

At least we are ahead of Newcastle in the league, for now anyway! It was quite embarrassing really being below them

If Lukaku was injured for a substantial period of time, Kone as the lone striker would be extremely worrying.

In fact, it gives me the shakes thinking about it.

Agree 100% Martinez needs to punt his bambi bum boy and bring a replacement in, even a loan signing for the season would be better than this clown.

We appreciated him last season. He certainly looks better after a rest.

I don't think poor play has been all his fault. Except against Kiyv he's played pretty well with a rest. We had a hellish fixture list this year and he was run into the ground. And its not like we didn't have depth at his position.

So you where the one that wanted us to beat City last season.

Also it's not stupid. Football is a zero sum game especially if you are from the same city.

Their success makes our success harder. For us to succeed we should want them to fail.
Spot on. Strange how some people don't realise that football is no different from any other industry -- you succeed at your competitors cost, you fail to your competitors benefit. If you disagree with that then you must struggle with explaining how the RS are now the biggest club on Merseyside, with the bigger crowds and the bigger backers.

Spot on. Strange how some people don't realise that football is no different from any other industry -- you succeed at your competitors cost, you fail to your competitors benefit. If you disagree with that then you must struggle with explaining how the RS are now the biggest club on Merseyside, with the bigger crowds and the bigger backers.

Their presence and marketing success as a world wide brand is one of the biggest contributory factors towards us being unable to attract a proper buyer who would invest and strive to put us on a similar footing. Every win they get, every goal they score is another notch on this scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back