• Jesper Lindstrom

• Abdoulaye Doucoure

• Iliman NDiaye

• Beto

• Ashley Young 62'

• Jack Harrison 62'

• Tim Iroegbunam 79'

Results are only viewable after voting.
Huge issue and becoming more and more obvious. We’ve got Mangala Iroegbhunam and Gana who all seem to press in the same way (no discipline) and Garner who is much of a muchness either way.

It’s killing us defensively. We’re going to get absolutely crucified one week and it’ll be apparent where the biggest hole is.

I’d kill for a Gareth Barry right now.
Shouldn't be too hard to get gana/mangala to adapt to an orthodox 6....that's the managers job to address that issue which you're spot on about by the way

Shouldn't be too hard to get gana/mangala to adapt to an orthodox 6....that's the managers job to address that issue which you're spot on about by the way
Not their game at all though. Look what happened with Alan here, came from Napoli where he played left side of a 3 (as more box to box) - we played him as a 6 because he likes a tackle.

Gana is never gonna have that discipline, he’s a water carrier in a 2, never going to sit. Mangala does his best stuff with the ball but to be honest I don’t think he’s very good anyway.

IMG_5892.webp

If only the players and manager were half as good as my photo from before. Best one I’ve taken in years, this.

Not their game at all though. Look what happened with Alan here, came from Napoli where he played left side of a 3 (as more box to box) - we played him as a 6 because he likes a tackle.

Gana is never gonna have that discipline, he’s a water carrier in a 2, never going to sit. Mangala does his best stuff with the ball but to be honest I don’t think he’s very good anyway.
Is just garner agree with you 100% the rest will just chase the ball, also prob garner is best we have with the ball. Should have been a target this transfer window aswell as the wings but wrong profiles again

I understand everyone is upset. Of course we are.

But don’t make out that the addition of Ndiaye, Iroegbunham, Lindstrom, O’Brien, Broja and Mangala - for the loss of Onana, Godfrey, Dobbin and Maupay - hasn’t improved us.

Lindstrom and Mangala look poor.

O'Brien looks uncomfortable and unsure of himself. Upgrade on Godfrey? Not yet, no.

Broja hasn't kicked a ball so cannot be judged either way but his recent record.is poor.

Ndiaye and Iroegbunam look positive additions. Unless Ndiaye is put as a striker that is!

Is just garner agree with you 100% the rest will just chase the ball, also prob garner is best we have with the ball. Should have been a target this transfer window aswell as the wings but wrong profiles again
I think we are just completely skint and we’ve done whatever we could.

O’Brien on the drip via Textor (Mangala loan thrown in) - Lindstrom off the back of a horrific year, same as Ndiaye.

Iroegbhunam was a blatant PSR fiddle but I do like the look of him long term.

The thing that always eats at me when it comes to these early cup exits against bang average teams is that they're not even that bothered. A defeat for Southampton tonight would've been greeted by a shrug of the shoulders by their fans and anyone else at the club. Yet here we are again gifting them a passage to the next round. The lack of pride is just dire. You could feel the life being drained out of the stadium tonight.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back