Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh on Stones there. He made a bad decision and had a poor game.

Dreadful (team) display in the first half, with the wrong call to start both Kev and Del - that's a perfect example of why it won't work as we are always too open.

Better in the second but when Del put in 6 amazing crosses that nobody got on the end of, we could tell it wasn't going to be our day.
It's down to fractions and they didn't break our way this time.

We crack onto the Etihad and glory.

I'll get slated for this but I don't think Stones is that good perhaps he wants out, he looks uninterested and he's like Howard won't be dropped. I'd much prefer Jags and Mori as our CBS at the moment. I'd like stones gone, at the end of the day he put in a transfer request he didn't care a bout us then, do you honestly think he cares now. He just looked angry today (and a lot was his fault) then I saw Deloufeu and he did look truly disappointed like he cared about our position, Stones ATM reminds me of Lescott at the end of his time here, £40 million would go a long way.
If only there was a club out there who would pay that, given recent performances.

The lack of urgency is a big issue. I understand when we're 20 minutes into a game, as a possession based team, us being patient. But we don't take it up a notch at the end of games, as other teams so often do against us. At times in extra time, I felt like the players didn't know that they had about 2 minutes left to salvage it.

....yep, tempo from the start. Send them out the tunnel with fire in their bellies and not wearing pipe and slippers.

Lol.

It's gonna be a joy vaulting stuff like this very soon.

I'll hold my hand's up if it happens, I made a big mistake about Lukaku last year, came out and admitted I was wrong, I just don't see what enjoyment you get defending someone who is making you look a bit silly.

Ok. No more excuses now. You can't keep making excuses this far in. We are VERY mediocre. Forget about our team being so talented and our position not doing us justice, we are VERY mediocre. That was outrageously unacceptable, and inexcusable. Some real talent on the pitch, but not gelling as a TEAM. Obviously confidence is a factor, and the run of poor results is a big contributor to it, but it goes beyond this. And yes, for all i love Roberto, and was defending him as recently as last week, he has to take some flak for this; but ultimately a lot of the defensive mistakes are down to poor decision making ON THE PITCH. My MOTM is, unpredictably, Deulofeu: apart from Barry nobody else was remotely worthy of it. Here are a few other observations on the basis of the last 90 minutes:

1. Fortress Goodison has become a free-for-all bazaar.
2. Forget about top 4 or even top 6 now, top half needs to be our ambition.
3. As a result of point 2, we're not going to be able to hang on the the squad we have in the summer. Let's be realistic about his, the chance has been blown. The best we can hope for now is to survive this transfer window.
3. Stones has become a bit of a prima donna and needs to get back to basics.
4. Romelu needs to take his hands from in front of his eyes and concentrate on being a bit sharper next time around.
5. Selling Naismith was a massive error imo, a real stab in the back for someone who always gave 100%, and can only be condoned if we are buying a top class striker to replace him. Kone is only good enough off the bench, he's had more than enough chances to convince me otherwise.
6. The Goodison crowd have become the twelfth man - for the opposition. Barkley and Howard in particular are suffering. You don't stab your own players in the back during a game. Neither of these players are as bad as some are making out on here, but as someone else suggested Roberto needs to take Tim out of the firing line and let Joel have the shirt for a while.
7. The referee has become the thirteenth man - but we're not doing enough to override this and make our own luck.
8. We badly need a buyer and and a serious injection of money - so have you managed to seal a deal yet, Bill, or will you still be trying to sell us the same old myth next season?

Stop blaming Howard.

He should never have been out in that position by Stones for the first goal.

Simple as.

And the second goal was a deflection.

Too many people round these parts look to blame Timmy for every goal we concede.

Apparently you can't defend him around here, even though you are right.

Stones deflection and criminal back pass.

Regardless of the backpass, stones is looking at howard for the entire duration of having that ball, howard doesn't move towards stones as you could reasonably expect, and only comes towards it when he realises that stones' pass is woefully underhit.

They're equally guilty.

I'll get slated for this but I don't think Stones is that good perhaps he wants out, he looks uninterested and he's like Howard won't be dropped. I'd much prefer Jags and Mori as our CBS at the moment. I'd like stones gone, at the end of the day he put in a transfer request he didn't care a bout us then, do you honestly think he cares now. He just looked angry today (and a lot was his fault) then I saw Deloufeu and he did look truly disappointed like he cared about our position, Stones ATM reminds me of Lescott at the end of his time here, £40 million would go a long way.

can you be the GOT body language expert?

please create a new thread and give us your updates every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back