Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop trying to sell one of the best players we've had here in years because he had a bad 45 minutes. It happens.

We don't deserve nice things with comments like this
He hasn't been very good for a long time (I'm not judging it just on today), it quite obvious we concede a lot of goal,a fair few from his mistakes. He looks uninterested he wanted out in the last window and teams seem mad enough to want to pay £40 million for him, finally could we defend any worse with out him, my answer to that is no probably a lot better.
England won't get very far in the euros if he's playing, cash in now I say.

That would mean a team wanted to sign kone which is unlikely as he's old and his contract is running out. Naismith is a good signing for a team trying to stay up

Were we so desperate for the money that we had to sell him? I sure hope that cash gets put to good use. No, Naismith was put in the freezer by Roberto, and it's a definite black mark for him in my book.

Well the options there.

But, you're correct. The board has zero ambition but to stay afloat in the premier league. Therefore, no sacking, and forever mediocre/above the relegation zone until Martinez goes.
Mediocre? 72 points? 5th?

Maybe you'd like to go back to the up and under days of Moyes?

I also think the team hate playing at Goodison. It's actually no surprise sometimes.

Besic going off also really c****d us up today as well.

Swansea defended well and took their chances with a bit of added luck that we didn't get (e.g. some 50/50 pen calls for those handballs or a deflection).

Poor display. Fortunately we've got a game quickly and we need to bounce back. Need McCarthy back if he's fit.

The manager made the suicidal back pass not that nobhead Tyke?

Missed that.
So what does the manager do then? Its his job to get them to concentrate is it not? For the last 18 months we've conceded more goals through "individual errors" than any other team. I think we're more than the next 2 combined actually. Thats on Martinez for not getting his team to concentrate.

We dont press, we have no movement off the ball, we get split open consistently, we dont practice set pieces or corners, we are woeful defending. Where, exactly, is your belief that this is just a blip coming from? We've been crap for almost 2 years now. You're fine with just being a cup team. Thats commendable.

It is not "ridiculous" at all.

The writing was on the wall with the Cruyff turn in the shadow of our own goalposts against Spurs.

He got away with his cockiness that day but it bit him....and more importantly you, me and our beloved EFC...on the butt this afternoon.

John should stop trying to make mugs of attackers so close to our own goal line.

He has started playing like he believes all the hype.

In order to fulfill his potential he needs a good boot up the hole.....and that boot up the hole should be delivered by his manager.

Bobby will now seriously have to think of going with Jags and Funes Mori at City......in fact I should think most fans will be be screaming for that pairing.

Then the Stonesy fanboys will start shouting about his "confidence being destroyed" by Bobby.

:(

I agree with this. Stones is far too good to sell, so let's keep him sweet until the window closes, but then he needs to be taught some harsh lessons.

Deulofeu :
"We played better in the second half but the first half was so wrong for a team like Everton. On wednesday we have a big, big game in the league cup but in the premier league the players need to take responsibility. Today was so bad for us."

"We have conceded the most at home and that is not possible for us."

"We were better in the second half. We created a lot, but we need to get to the first balls. My crosses are dangerous. Romelu Lukaku had two-three chances, but it was unfortunate."

I'm with you on that.

We were poor in the first half, so based on that yeh, we didn't deserve anything.

Not having people slagging Stones though. He played badly today but the people who want to sell him are the ones who'd buy Shawcross with the money.

It needs to be a combination of manager and players to fix our defensive issues, though in the second half we looked like we were playing without any forwards considering the quality service into the area.
There's a big grey area between Stones and Shawcross. Plenty of defensively savvy CBs out there who can play out from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back