Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I present the facts mate. Has Martinez not built a good squad here? Have we not scored 40 league goals and 55 in total? Are we not on the verge of a cup final?

If the answer is that none of those things are true then I'd agree with you...but they are true.

see I understand this point - its a nice juicy steak
but the defensive record , the home record , the league position etc with this squad of talent - is a total turd.

doesn't matter how good the steak is , if there is also a big turd on the plate along side it , I'm not eating it.
its as terrible as it is good.

see I understand this point - its a nice juicy steak
but the defensive record , the home record , the league position etc with this squad of talent - is a total turd.

doesn't matter how good the steak is , if there is also a big turd on the plate along side it , I'm not eating it.
its as terrible as it is good.

Yeah, let's get the up and under footy back.

Lol!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Hopeless.

Laughing because all these years you've talked a good game about wanting to see a creative team, and now there's a manager who can deliver it (and the results of he'd only jib that GK off) and you walk away from it.

Poor. Very poor.
Ok, so its NOT a fluke. You think its ALLLLL martinez.

Then how come the team is MILES away from it? If you are saying that's all Martinez, why are YOU lowering your own standards and saying 60pts(which is almost impossible at this point) would be a GOOD season? He won more in that first season then from the next 2 combined. This is HIS team, and we are woeful. But keep going back to the well for that 'SEVENTY TWO POINTS IN A SEASON!'.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Hopeless.

Laughing because all these years you've talked a good game about wanting to see a creative team, and now there's a manager who can deliver it (and the results of he'd only jib that GK off) and you walk away from it.

Poor. Very poor.

THAT side two season ago was where we needed to go, what we needed to be.

Instead of building from it, he hasn't. He's moulded a team HE wants. And this is it.

It's gone backwards.

And it has nothing to do with 1 player (Howard). 1 player isn't responsible for the amount of goals conceded. There are plenty of turd keepers in the league that have conceded less.

It's down to fractions and they didn't break our way this time.

We crack onto the Etihad and glory.
To be fair it's not. We were poor and anyone with some tactical knowledge will tell you that. Where was our pressing, where were our central midfielders in defensive transitions, where were our runners from deep, where was the movement off the ball? We lacked everything today and it's down to manager. I'm his fan and had a faith in him, but you couldn't build a constantly good side when you lack basics.

We're brilliant at times, but right now I'm feeling like it's more due to the flair and creativity of our young players - that is fine by the way (this is what Guardiola is encouraging his players) but it needs to be build on good solid foundations. We're all over the place without the ball and we're not improving on that matter.

This is not good enough. If Martinez wants to regain my faith, I need to see a big improvement. Sadly, if he's changing something it lasts only a little while.

Last edited:
Shawcross and Huth wouldn't have been bullied like the Barnsley soft lad
They are proper hard defenders, the likes of Watson,Gough,Weir I could go on. Stones isn't like these he's more like a continental defender, is that really what we need?. I'd much prefer a Watson/Gough type at the moment and they wouldn't cost any where near what we would get for Stones.

Yes, the Stones back pass was crap but Howard hesitated and then tried to kick the ball and clattered Ayew. Just like last week. A half decent keeper would have cleared it. Howard was still favourite until he reacted so slowly. It was like an old Pathe News reel.

Nope. Point the finger at Stones for that one. That backpass wasn't on.

Instead of building from it, he hasn't. He's moulded a team HE wants. And this is it.

It's gone backwards.

And it has nothing to do with 1 player (Howard). 1 player isn't responsible for the amount of goals conceded. There are plenty of turd keepers in the league that have conceded less.
Howard is completely shot and has been for months. Look what happened with Robles in goal.

Case closed.

It's gone backwards.

He's responsible for a lot.

But he's not responsible for being picked by the manager, and it's obvious - as a coaching team as well - they all need to sort it out.

Yeah, let's get the up and under footy back.

Lol!

well to be fair , look at the facts (like you said) ... moyes had a better results average and better league finishes with a lot less money to spend and a lot worse players.
this was highlited actually on radio 5 during last weekend. the football wasn't as nice but the results and success were a lot better.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Hopeless.

Poor. Very poor.
I'm sorry but the idea that the only problem with our defence is our goalkeeper is naïve at best and deluded at worst. Howard is a liability and has to go but there are deep seated failings in our defence that everyone, including all of our opponents, can see. Except Martinez (and you). I'm enjoying our style of play but if we lose against Newcastle then everybody had better believe that we're in a relegation battle and that is not good enough. We have good players so it must be the coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back