Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensive lapses every week. Havin to score 3 goals to try and get a result at home virtually every week is just not on. 3 home league wins in 6 months?!!! I repeat - 3 home league wins all season! Manager has to accept we have issues at Centre Back and Goalkeeper. Can't see it being fortress Goodison in a hurry under this Manager.

He hasn't been very good for a long time (I'm not judging it just on today), it quite obvious we concede a lot of goal,a fair few from his mistakes. He looks uninterested he wanted out in the last window and teams seem mad enough to want to pay £40 million for him, finally could we defend any worse with out him, my answer to that is no probably a lot better.
England won't get very far in the euros if he's playing, cash in now I say.

No, he had a shaky spell before Xmas then looked back to his best before the Chelsea game, where he wasn't at fault for any of their goals.

Today, he had a shocker. I also don't think it helps that, rather than get behind the team, the fans immediately start getting frustrated. Howard's awful and offers Stones no option at all when he does make those mistakes either.

You're mental if you think selling one of the best youngsters in Europe half way through the season with no time to get a PL experienced and decent replacement (which is what you need) in the given time-frame.

God mate, he can see ayew running in ,he should have screamed nooooo at stones who could have put it anywhere . Does this keeper ever speak when he's on the pitch.

streeky.....this is the whole problem with Stones.

Or Martinez.

Or both.

He just will not "put it anywhere".

It always has to be the Hollywood option.

I don't know if this is merely him following Bobby's instructions or him really believing he is the "new" Beckenbauer but it is proving to be our Achilles Heel.

This devotion to John Stones has to stop.

Jags and Funes Mori has to become our first choice CB pairing in the immediate future.

Pure. Fluke. Based off Moyes' defensive unit.

That unit isn't there. This is 100% Martinez' side. And it shows.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Hopeless.

Laughing because all these years you've talked a good game about wanting to see a creative team, and now there's a manager who can deliver it (and the results of he'd only jib that GK off) and you walk away from it.

Poor. Very poor.

In defence of Martinez, losing Besic and Mirallas to injury was unfortunate. And Coleman's misses were criminal. But, in all honesty, I have become a little NEA about Everton at the moment (that's the first game I've watched since the Stoke debacle). There are worse teams than Everton in the league and relegation is not an issue, but that's about the best that can be said.

Deulofeu :
"We played better in the second half but the first half was so wrong for a team like Everton. On wednesday we have a big, big game in the league cup but in the premier league the players need to take responsibility. Today was so bad for us."

"We have conceded the most at home and that is not possible for us."

"We were better in the second half. We created a lot, but we need to get to the first balls. My crosses are dangerous. Romelu Lukaku had two-three chances, but it was unfortunate."
Gerry saying politely, why the hell have you not got across the front of your defender in 94 minutes.

Defensive lapses every week. Havin to score 3 goals to try and get a result at home virtually every week is just not on. 3 home league wins in 6 months?!!! I repeat - 3 home league wins all season! Manager has to accept we have issues at Centre Back and Goalkeeper. Can't see it being fortress Goodison in a hurry under this Manager.

Key word their mate. It's quite clear the squad prefer playing away, and sometimes I don't blame them.

It works both ways, but too often the home crowd are too quick to panic and that in turn breads mistakes. Today we were poor, and we have to be better. Up to Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back