Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the icing on the cake, Kone will start aswell, what a truly sh!t day to be a blue.

McCarthy will be back.

Joel

Coleman - Stones (yes, I'd keep him in) - Jagielka - Baines

McCarthy - Barry

Deulofeu - Barkley - Cleverley

Lukaku

Subs: Howard, Osman, Pienaar, Kone, Lennon, Oviedo, Mori.

well to be fair , look at the facts (like you said) ... moyes had a better results average and better league finishes with a lot less money to spend and a lot worse players.
this was highlited actually on radio 5 during last weekend. the football wasn't as nice but the results and success were a lot better.
He won less games than Martinez has and his football was muck.

If that's the footy you like, you're welcome to it.

No, he had a shaky spell before Xmas then looked back to his best before the Chelsea game, where he wasn't at fault for any of their goals.

Today, he had a shocker. I also don't think it helps that, rather than get behind the team, the fans immediately start getting frustrated. Howard's awful and offers Stones no option at all when he does make those mistakes either.

You're mental if you think selling one of the best youngsters in Europe half way through the season with no time to get a PL experienced and decent replacement (which is what you need) in the given time-frame.
Mori has done well since coming from Argentina. Also we were very lucky not to be one point less at the man city game as Stones dived in on Sterling right at the end, also whether it was a right or wrong decision he conceded a pen against Stoke, lately he's been doing more wrong than right. As for Howard he had his faults, but if he was the one worth £40 million you would be blaming Stones.

Funny when City bum us out of the cup midweek. What's the excuse for the manager then? Appalling in the league, out of the cup, shipping goals in right left and centre and no signs of stopping it. Is getting worse. Turning into a laughing stock now.

I sure can't see us getting into the final now, for the confidence factor alone, and what's the point anyway, the way things are going we'll go out to RS and their pact with the Devil. As far as i'm concerned that would hurt more than not getting to the final. Six months ago i would have fancied our chances against anybody, things have now turned 180 degrees.

Just finished watching that nonsense on catch up, and must say its the worst one yet. Barkley and Stones were horribly bad, and only Del and Barry should feel good taking a wage home.

Note to Martinez, Oviedo doesn't know how to kick it with his right foot, so please please please don't play him at right back again, he had a shocker but not his fault, that is awful management.

The whole team spent most of the game standing still, shaking Their heads and moaning at one another, at no point did anyone try to rally or raise the dwindling spirit, as good as Barry was he doesn't seem to be able to lift us when required.

Had a pretty crap weekend back and forth in a&e with the Mrs, which makes you realise what's important in life, and it certainly isn't worth getting annoyed about overpaid spineless bunch of scapegoats like that lot, do one.

I'm sorry but the idea that the only problem with our defence is our goalkeeper is naïve at best and deluded at worst. Howard is a liability and has to go but there are deep seated failings in our defence that everyone, including all of our opponents, can see. Except by Martinez (and you). I'm enjoying our style of play but if we lose against Newcastle then everybody had better believe that we're in a relegation battle and that is not good enough. We have good players so it must be the coaching.
Confidence in defence comes first and foremost from the GK. Basic stuff that.

Get rid of that divvy and watch the results improve.

We are in relegation form again with Martinez. We gave him the benefit of the doubt last season but this is the second year of failure. Same old defensive mistakes and not much sign of progress. Lets not forget last season was awful.

Anyone reckon Mourinho would sign a 6 month contract with us ? :blush:

RM has a total disregard to defending, probably which will separate him from being an average PL manager and a good one.

Unless we get better defensively I firmly believe we will be lower mid table, and I shudder at the thought of losing Lukaku, we would be in all sorts of trouble without his goals.

He has had long enough and should be doing better with this squad of players, think we should part ways amicably and get someone proven...

Mori has done well since coming from Argentina. Also we were very lucky not to be one point less at the man city game as Stones dived in on Sterling right at the end, also whether it was a right or wrong decision he conceded a pen against Stoke, lately he's been doing more wrong than right. As for Howard he had his faults, but if he was the one worth £40 million you would be blaming Stones.

No, I wouldn't be blaming Stones. It has nothing to do with his worth. It's got to do with the fact he's an outstanding young player, who, yes, has had a poor run of form - not helped by poor managerial calls, a dreadful goalkeeper (none of his mistakes came with Joel in net did they?), and fans who say stuff like 'get rid now' in the middle of a season that has seen us play some fantastic stuff but unfortunately not managed the end product too often.

I present the facts mate. Has Martinez not built a good squad here? Have we not scored 40 league goals and 55 in total? Are we not on the verge of a cup final?

If the answer is that none of those things are true then I'd agree with you...but they are true.

I seem to remember you being very vocal during the 2013-14 season, when Liverpool were ripping through the league and scoring goals for fun, that it was all a mirage because they were giving up far too many goals, even when winning, and that eventually the poor defense would be their undoing. How is it any different for Everton? The objective is not to score as many goals as possible - it's to outscore your opponent.

The fact is that the squad Martinez has built is currently in 12th, so I don't know if we can actually say that he's "built a good squad." He's certainly built a talented squad, with players that have high transfer values. Doesn't seem to mean much at the moment though.

I'm not saying I want Martinez out, by the way. I just don't think your argument makes much sense.

RM has a total disregard to defending, probably which will separate him from being an average PL manager and a good one.

Unless we get better defensively I firmly believe we will be lower mid table, and I shudder at the thought of losing Lukaku, we would be in all sorts of trouble without his goals.

He has had long enough and should be doing better with this squad of players, think we should part ways amicably and get someone proven...

Who is proven that is available and would join mate???

If Martinez is to go, then it should be at the end of the season. But he'll stay and rightly so. When he gets it right he's as good as any. But he still has a lot of learning to do, he may need to realise that.

It is not "ridiculous" at all.

The writing was on the wall with the Cruyff turn in the shadow of our own goalposts against Spurs.

He got away with his cockiness that day but it bit him....and more importantly you, me and our beloved EFC...on the butt this afternoon.

John should stop trying to make mugs of attackers so close to our own goal line.

He has started playing like he believes all the hype.

In order to fulfill his potential he needs a good boot up the hole.....and that boot up the hole should be delivered by his manager.

Bobby will now seriously have to think of going with Jags and Funes Mori at City......in fact I should think most fans will be be screaming for that pairing.

Then the Stonesy fanboys will start shouting about his "confidence being destroyed" by Bobby.

:(

could do without the fanboy nonsense please. usual divisive crap on here

he is young. very talented.

give them time. give them support. they will make mistakes. ive no problem with him beating his man in our area when he knows he can do it and we know he can as we see it all the others when he doesnt make an error. when the team is doing well we wont even notice these risks. when the team is doing poorly...moaning about stones and ross doesnt help in any way.

older experienced players consistently making bizarre errors. please drop and in Howards case...please sell.

There's game one of our winnable games out the way.

Question is, on current form how far can we drop before the manager is questioned again? Last win was against our next league game and our last home win was villa.

Hate to say it but right now we look like getting sucked into a relegation battle again based on our next fixtures.

No case closed.

Team of 11 players. 1 player isnt responsible for conceding 30+ goals this season.
If he's responsible for 8 of them that's the difference between 12th and a place that some people feel happier with.

Continue the kneejerk though...if it makes you feel better.

Shocked and disappointed from a man of your calibre. You live and learn, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back