Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He won less games than Martinez has and his football was muck.

If that's the footy you like, you're welcome to it.

well that's not true is it ? and I agree it wasn't nice to watch , but it was more effective than martinezes 'look nice but fail to get results' football.

one was built from defence up , the other from attack back. neither have the completely right winning formula , but moyes had better league finishes. I'm sure if he had this squad we wouldn't be 12th at the minute.

There's game one of our winnable games out the way.

Question is, on current form how far can we drop before the manager is questioned again? Last win was against our next league game and our last home win was villa.

Hate to say it but right now we look like getting sucked into a relegation battle again based on our next fixtures.
Mate, not being funny, but these concerns are only discussed on a forum or on the radio. The people in charge aren't even tuned into this debate.

We're having a swings and roundabouts league season. Simple as that.

It's a cup season for us. I think we all knew that from a few weeks back when we got the SF lead to take forward and we drew two easy teams in the FA Cup.

This is all about the cups now. I'm sure those in charge realise that too.

Well at last.

The penny has dropped with you.

My work here has not been in vain.

Eh? The penny has dropped?

Go back through my posts mate and I think you'll see that I, numerous times, have called RM out for his poor decisions.

I'm just not a boo boy and, in general, I can see what this team is capable of. Unfortunately we haven't shown it enough this term.

Then again, let's sack the manager and sell one of the best young players now, ey, because it's the middle of the season with a week left in the window. Why not??

Mate, not being funny, but these concerns are only discussed on a forum or on the radio. The people in charge aren't even tuned into this debate.

It's a cup season for us. I think we all knew that from a few weeks back when we got the SF lead to take forward and we drew two easy teams in the FA Cup.

Keep on topic please

well that's not true is it ? and I agree it wasn't nice to watch , but it was more effective than martinezes 'look nice but fail to get results' football.

one was built from defence up , the other from attack back. neither have the completely right winning formula , but moyes had better league finishes. I'm sure if he had this squad we wouldn't be 12th at the minute.
It is true. Percentage wise. He's only been here 2 and a half seasons so it cant be any other comparison.

We are losing st home and like last year haven't won a game in a month. Hell our last league win was over a month ago now and have conceded 3 goals more than once in that time.

I have backed Martinez as much as anyone this season but right now he really is looking like a manager who is squandering our best chance of actual success with a league cup semi we limped towards as his only redeeming quality right now.

That and a 5th place when it wasn't his squad..

In defence of Martinez, losing Besic and Mirallas to injury was unfortunate. And Coleman's misses were criminal. But, in all honesty, I have become a little NEA about Everton at the moment (that's the first game I've watched since the Stoke debacle). There are worse teams than Everton in the league and relegation is not an issue, but that's about the best that can be said.

Totally agree with this league wise, Villa & Sunderland are terrible enough for relegation not to be an issue, we're not going to bother the top 4 any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back