Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I wouldn't be blaming Stones. It has nothing to do with his worth. It's got to do with the fact he's an outstanding young player, who, yes, has had a poor run of form - not helped by poor managerial calls, a dreadful goalkeeper (none of his mistakes came with Joel in net did they?), and fans who say stuff like 'get rid now' in the middle of a season that has seen us play some fantastic stuff but unfortunately not managed the end product too often.
What ever people think a bout Stones, it highly likely he will be the one player to go in the summer, why do so many want him To stay for now, we have Mori ANC could get decent cover on loan or for around 5/6 million,it's not helping the team he's show boating to try to impress potential buyers, a top manager wouldn't put up with the show boating. As for Howard the decision not to replace him with Joel must be down to Martinez having no power to (is there something in Howard's contract, if he's fit he plays?).

This is Bill
Bill Supports Everton
Everton were cack today
Bill wants to buy an automatic rifle and go on a rampage but Bill lives in UK so will have to sit on GOT and be miserable and miffed (at least until Wednesday night) instead.

Bill is smart and will just crack on and never give up.

Be like Bill!

(Unless of course you live somewhere were you can get an automatic rifle and go on a rampage - I'm not condoning that for one minute!)

Mate, not being funny, but these concerns are only discussed on a forum or on the radio. The people in charge aren't even tuned into this debate.

We're having a swings and roundabouts league season. Simple as that.

It's a cup season for us. I think we all knew that from a few weeks back when we got the SF lead to take forward and we drew two easy teams in the FA Cup.

This is all about the cups now. I'm sure those in charge realise that too.

It should have been a league season.

This is, more than likely, the best chance we were ever going to have of getting a top four place in the Premier League and we fluffed it. We fluffed it big time.

Moving the goalposts isn't acceptable.

Maybe we will and be in the championship.
The manager is a disgrace and clueless and you know it.
The only way he will be here is cos we have a useless weak board who haven't got a clue whats going on.
How we are falling under el clueless.
I mean even outsmarted by alan curtis today

I don't have a lot of faith in the Board but i actually think that Roberto's job will be coming under scrutiny now after this run of results.

I think our main problem this season is that we're losing and drawing games instead of winning them, and we concede too many goals, that's what Ian Wright said anyway.

Who is proven that is available and would join mate???

If Martinez is to go, then it should be at the end of the season. But he'll stay and rightly so. When he gets it right he's as good as any. But he still has a lot of learning to do, he may need to realise that.

Proper reply this time, Toff :)

Yes, Martinez will be here to the end of the season at least.

A high league position now seems out of the question but at least we are still involved in bith Cuos at this moment in time so all won't seem so doom and gloom tomorrow morning.

I am very much in the Bobby camp but too many days like today are undermining my belief in him :(

It should have been a league season.

This is, more than likely, the best chance we were ever going to have of getting a top four place in the Premier League and we fluffed it. We fluffed it big time.

Moving the goalposts isn't acceptable.
We are closer to Wembley than amy time since 2009. I think the players are distracted. That's what the cups do until you get to a final. If we get to Wembley watch the league results improve.

This IS a cup season though. There;s no question of that now.

It is true. Percentage wise. He's only been here 2 and a half seasons so it cant be any other comparison.
Moyes was a better manager, perhaps not the correct one for us but, he achieved better with players not so good. Martinez level is bottom half PL top half championship, where are we? Just goes to show he's nog right for us, if he's still here this time next year things will still be pretty much the same.

Mate, not being funny, but these concerns are only discussed on a forum or on the radio. The people in charge aren't even tuned into this debate.

We're having a swings and roundabouts league season. Simple as that.

It's a cup season for us. I think we all knew that from a few weeks back when we got the SF lead to take forward and we drew two easy teams in the FA Cup.

This is all about the cups now. I'm sure those in charge realise that too.
Thats true, because progressing in a domestic cup thats barely televised means finishing 5th with SEVENTY TWO POINTS two seasons ago makes the same amount of money. The 11th to 5th gap? Completely the same amount of money as long as you get the the vaunted QF in a domestic cup.

Naismith wanted to go to get more playing time, I'm sure if Naismith wanted to stay martinez would've kept him

What i'm getting at is that Naismith wanted to go because Roberto showed no faith in him. He should have been favoured in front of Kone imo. And we are going to miss him badly unless we sign a top class striker before this window closes.

We are closer to Wembley than amy time since 2009. I think the players are distracted. That's what the cups do until you get to a final. If we get to Wembley watch the league results improve.

This IS a cup season though. There;s no question of that now.

What the heck does that mean? Is there even such a thing. League is number 1 and it's been terrible. We aren't all clueless by the way. We are extremely frustrated and concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back