Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mtae. It's a post match fume that will make those involved in it look very silly come Wednesday night. Dont fall into the trap of being one of those people. All through Martinez's time here there's been questions...and he's still here, we're building a strong squad and they're still fuming.

I've said it a million times: I cant stand fickle fans. They'll drive you mad if you let them. Just wait and see what happens next.
Better to be absolutely deluded and think we play the best football in the league isn't it?

Disappointed and unhappy!!!
Love Everton so much but this crap every week is killing me.
So much talent, yet poor tactics yet again.
We shouldn't be losing at home, especially to Swansea.
Outfoxed by the great alan curtis.
Movement and desire awful today as well as defending like a sunday league team yet again.

Perfectly fair comparisons given how things are panning out. I want better for everton. I always thought you were someone who recognised how big everton actually are. How is this acceptable for us?
You're not seeing the bigger picture.

My hope on here is that people take a deep breath win lose or draw and assess what's going on. It never comes true. The frustrated fumers are out in force and we end up wasting hours and days discussing a managerial change THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

It's pointless.

Shots on target?

Zero.

At home, to Swansea
They'll continue to be average and we'll have to hold onto midtable, regroup and come at this again next season armed with all the experience (good and bad) of this campaign...and a new GK for sure.

We'll get there. Keep the faith.

Dave K I admire your certainty. Where do you see the improvement coming from, in particular?

Goalie aside, just experience starting to show, or anything else?. I want to keep the faith, was a Moyes fan ( albeit have enjoyed some of the Martinez better moment s ), and believe we're sliding...

You're not seeing the bigger picture.

My hope on here is that people take a deep breath win lose or draw and assess what's going on. It never comes true. The frustrated fumers are out in force and we end up wasting hours and days discussing a managerial change THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

It's pointless.
What did you think of the game dave?

It's poor just now .this playing from the back is boring,think stones was making a point by passing across at the end.this is happening game after game.surely the boss can see it's not working

So you're whole defence lies with Howard.

And who's fault is that?

I think there's more problems throughout the whole 90mins, game to game, that leads to how open we are as a team. This is all down to Martinez.

As for the Wigan comparaisons...well, stats don't lie.

Martinez's fault. And it's easily fixed, but you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Sorry, kneejerking doesn't fix anything.

Don't you see the fallacy tho? We DON'T get to Wembley, the players who are excellent aren't going to want to stay. So the team Martinez assembled is going to broken apart. Then NEXT year the excuse will be 'its a new group of players, give it time'.

I like the guy. If he was the same guy who got us 72 points, it'd be a different story. He's not tho. He doesn't change the formation, he doesn't make the boss subs he did in that first year, he doesn't loan boss players from random places to the ire of the rest of the league. He's gotten far too conservative.

Completely agree with you there.

You know each and every week how we will line up. We aren't even doing it well... so we keep doing it.

Oviedo isn't a right back in a million years. There was one horrible outside-of-the-foot attempted cross which said it all.

Second half Swansea just sat back and waited to break. If Routledge had scored it would have been just a repeat of goals conceded vs Stoke and Leicester. We don't learn at all.

Lukaku vs Ashley Williams all day - but if he'd gone two up front, it would have at least have given them something to think about. Instead, nah, let's bring on the coward that is Cleverley and keep on doing the same old thing.

Pienaar showed today that if the future is Cleveley on the the left of midfield then god help us, as it is going to get A LOT worse before it gets better.

Cleverley is just another Neville-a-like.

Completely agree with you there.

You know each and every week how we will line up. We aren't even doing it well... so we keep doing it.

Oviedo isn't a right back in a million years. There was one horrible outside-of-the-foot attempted cross which said it all.

Second half Swansea just sat back and waited to break. If Routledge had scored it would have been just a repeat of goals conceded vs Stoke and Leicester. We don't learn at all.

Lukaku vs Ashley Williams all day - but if he'd gone two up front, it would have at least have given them something to think about. Instead, nah, let's bring on the coward that is Cleverley and keep on doing the same old thing.

Pienaar showed today that if the future is Cleveley on the the left of midfield then god help us, as it is going to get A LOT worse before it gets better.

Cleverley is just another Neville-a-like.

Did you go today? What was the atmosphere like around you? Was it packed today where you normally sit?

Martinez's fault. And it's easily fixed, but you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Sorry, kneejerking doesn't fix anything.

No kneejerking because my opinion is based on how we play from front to back, the entire side, the decisions, the style, the mentality.

Not just based on 1 goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back