Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were we so desperate for the money that we had to sell him? I sure hope that cash gets put to good use. No, Naismith was put in the freezer by Roberto, and it's a definite black mark for him in my book.
Naismith wanted to go to get more playing time, I'm sure if Naismith wanted to stay martinez would've kept him

We are losing st home and like last year haven't won a game in a month. Hell our last league win was over a month ago now and have conceded 3 goals more than once in that time.
I have backed Martinez as much as anyone this season but right now he really is looking like a manager who is squandering our best chance of actual success with a league cup semi we limped towards as his only redeeming quality right now.
That and a 5th place when it wasn't his squad..

Oh dear.

We are losing st home and like last year haven't won a game in a month. Hell our last league win was over a month ago now and have conceded 3 goals more than once in that time.

I have backed Martinez as much as anyone this season but right now he really is looking like a manager who is squandering our best chance of actual success with a league cup semi we limped towards as his only redeeming quality right now.

That and a 5th place when it wasn't his squad..

Del, Lukaku, McCarthy, Barry, (bringing through) Barkley and Stones.

Think he had a large part in it mate...

Really this is the match thread not how much you adore martinez.
I am frustrated at how poor we were today but i care about everton mate and you just like winding up real fans whoever you are
Oh sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were, classily just trying to get a fellow Evertonian banned?

My mistake.

Key word their mate. It's quite clear the squad prefer playing away, and sometimes I don't blame them.

It works both ways, but too often the home crowd are too quick to panic and that in turn breads mistakes. Today we were poor, and we have to be better. Up to Martinez.
I know you have to balance it out with our away form. But, we're still conceding too many times period. Clutches of goals in panic or just pathetic defensive errors. We have some very good attacking players (and play) but we simply can't carry on like this at home. Majority of our fans attend the home games. The real diehards go away every week too (and hats of to them). He'll live and die by results though and at the moment the home form is killing us (and him). Big few weeks coming up for everyone all round. I really hope we get through on Wednesday but its the league form that is the worry (and ultimately will determine his future).

Eh? The penny has dropped?

Go back through my posts mate and I think you'll see that I, numerous times, have called RM out for his poor decisions.

I'm just not a boo boy and, in general, I can see what this team is capable of. Unfortunately we haven't shown it enough this term.

Then again, let's sack the manager and sell one of the best young players now, ey, because it's the middle of the season with a week left in the window. Why not??

One thousand apologies, Toff :(

I thought that post was from from @bicycleheader who can see no wrong with Stones and wants to blame all the other players for his mistakes :cool:

Again, I apologise :pint2:

Oh sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were, classily just trying to get a fellow Evertonian banned?

My mistake.
I would never want anybody banned.
But the question is who do you really support because you seem to buzz off everton getting beat or drawing.
You seem to come to life when everton fail.

Del, Lukaku, McCarthy, Barry, (bringing through) Barkley and Stones.

Think he had a large part in it mate...

And the rest? What about the other 20 in the swuad?

People keep making excuses for Martinez and we keep getting games like this and stoke and Chelsea and Bournemouth and Leicester and Norwich and the list goes on.

This is the same manager who won us what 3 games in three months last season? Right now we have one win in two months off the top of my head. Is this good enough for a team like ours? Would any other club look at this form for two years straight and say 'give him time' based off the squad he us building? The more he signs his team the more we falter and it just isn't good enough considering how good a team we actually have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back