Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No right to be in the job. Ludicrous.

You do realise he constructed this squad - the one everyone says is the best for decades? Give him more than a couple of years to get this right FFS. Ginger bollocks near relegated us in his second season and was rewarded with 11 years.
Keep on thread eh
How many times do you need telling

I think we know which season was the fluke now. I've lost faith in Martinez. When we were looking for someone to replace Moyes we wanted someone to take what we had and polish it off. Martinez has knocked down the foundations of our defensive strength in favour of expansive attacking football but it is just as counter-productive as Moyes' brand of football was. There is no balance.

League form dictates that it's more counter productive not as.

Now I don't see much what Martinez could have done about that... today, it was a comedy of errors from 2 players for the first and some bad luck.

The truth is mate, we've had a comedy of errors in defence way too many times over the last 18 months, it's an embarrassment. Whilst you can turn around and say "oh, Stones/Howard/Jags/Moris mistake wasn't Martinez fault", you have to question our endless leaking of stupid goals, and also our inability to do anything to turn it around.

What is really concerning is that today wasn't a shock. Even though Swansea are rubbish, I still felt we would struggle to win. We have forgotten how to win Premier league matches.

For me, Newcastle at home is an absolutely massive match, we have to win it. What is worrying is that they can put their feet up, whilst we have two games to play before than.
Sad fact I said the same about today. If we sit back in the first half again at home we won't accomplish much.

Oh THAT display was unacceptable?

And what sage conclusion did you come to when we beat City the other week? That it was acceptable.

How about just taking the rough with the smooth? Do you expect wins every game? You're supporting the wring club if you do.
Listen lad I've been watching Everton since 1960 so don't lecture me on how to support my team - I do however expect more than THREE wins at home at this stage of the season. this squad cant be talked about in the same breath as Catterick and Kendall's sides and its no use pretending that they do....respect other fans' opinions please

Why?

People predicted they would struggle with their recent run-in, but they beat Spurs at White Hart Lane, beat Chelsea at home and battered Stoke 3-0 yesterday.

I'm not saying they will win the league or anything, but given they are ten points ahead of Man Utd (5th place) who are struggling to even get a shot on target, I can't see why 4th is unrealistic for them.
United are still well in the hunt and you can lose points hands over fist in this league in a short space of time.

Lets look at the Swansea goals.

1st 70% Stones 30% Howard, whatever it was it was stupid individual mistakes.

2nd Massive deflection takes it over Howard.

Now I don't see much what Martinez could have done about that, Besic and Mirallas were massive losses aswell, again, nothing the manager could do about that.

2nd half we played better, but Swansea had already decided to park the buss, just as we did against City and held them off.

I've been giving Martinez it when deserved, but today, it was a comedy of errors from 2 players for the first and some bad luck.
Think this a very fair assessment of todays match/circumstances. However, for me its not like this happens 2 maybe 3 times year (which can happen to any team). Its that its happened time and again this season. 2 pens conceded home to Leicester. 4 goals conceded at home to Stoke (they've hardly scored since). Comedy of errors for first goal at Chelsea. Debacle at Bournemouth. No wins at home in league since Villa. Only 3 wins at home in the league. So whilst today did see us have some bad luck and things not go our way, the defensive lapses are a regular feature this season and need addressing. The manager appears reluctant to acknowledge or change that.

Listen lad I've been watching Everton since 1960 so don't lecture me on how to support my team - I do however expect more than THREE wins at home at this stage of the season. this squad cant be talked about in the same breath as Catterick and Kendall's sides and its no use pretending that they do....respect other fans' opinions please
You get respect when you earn it. You're using a poor spell of results opportunistically to hang a manager out to dry and push for his dismissal. Oh, and you'll also remember then wont you that Kendall was pilloried before he went on to cup success? Maybe that historical lesson passed you by?

The truth is mate, we've had a comedy of errors in defence way too many times over the last 18 months, it's an embarrassment. Whilst you can turn around and say "oh, Stones/Howard/Jags/Moris mistake wasn't Martinez fault", you have to question our endless leaking of stupid goals, and also our inability to do anything to turn it around.
Stones can not be trusted on his own without Jags on the pitch, Jags has made a big difference to the defence since he came back, instantly had an effect.

Mori and Stones are young and inexperienced, Stones takes too many risks and a couple have bit him on the arse recently which was always going to happen eventually.

You get respect when you earn it. You're using a poor spell of results opportunistically to hang a manager out to dry and push for his dismissal. Oh, and you'll also remember then wont you that Kendall was pilloried before he went on to cup success? Maybe that historical lesson passed you by?
What about the game though surely i am in the right thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back