Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because at the other end of the pitch he perseveres with a useless GK.

It's all very easy to fix. Not much wrong here. Anyone saying "oh it's much more complex than that" are completely wrong.

Top four is a chimera. Only the money clubs can get them.

That's not true.

You're lashing out and not giving this much thought.

It's typical knee jerk.
comical Davek.webp

Sorry DaveK, it's too easy x

Because he quite rightly had credit in the bank and the Europa League extra fixtures, some away trips were long old slogs.

This season, he's had lower league / rubbish like Norwich in the cups right up until the semi final. We play vs City with Robles and a more balanced side and put in the most complete performance of the season - particularly when, surprise, he takes Cleverley off in the second half.

Today, it's 'let's try and shoehorn Cleverley back into the side', Oviedo at right back, Howard keeping his place and 2 shots on target vs Swansea.

I agree with Dave, it genuinely isn't difficult to fix, which is why the stubbornness to do so is so mystifying.

How many games have you been to this season? At the game you can see the nuances of the changes that happen and if you do go the game then you wouldn't make a statement like 'shoehorning Cleverley into the side'.

Mostly good and agree, the 'space' Martinez has been given to grow our ' special ', ' talented' ' young squad' is basically just allowing a poor tactician and poor defensive coach ( both Martinez ) to erode the confidence of young players...

Why the buyer comment though? Martinez had the dough to buy Dell, Barry, RL. All great signings...?

Because those signings, good as they are, are not sufficient to take us to the next level.

I haven't entirely given up on Martinez. In his defence, i love some of the football we've been playing and we have had more than our fair share of bad luck lately. But at the end of the season the table won't lie. Roberto has that time imo to save his job.

Seems like you are having difficulty answering a simple question. Did you go today? If you did then you will have seen that he did alter the shape. But you said he didn't. I think elbow and backside springs to mind.

It's because I have you on ignore mate, so I don't see your post.

We both didn't go today, isn't that nice.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/roberto-martinez-discussion.57212/page-2171#post-4148716
I've finished work now and am going the pub to watch the game and am really looking forward to it. Wednesday's semi final second leg at City can't come quick enough. Booked a hotel as soon as the semi final draw was made, trains booked and could only manage to get a ticket in their end, but I'm not missing that game. Anyway, off to the pub.

COYB.

That's you, by the way.

Whoops!

Calling posters Kneejerkers has been your stock phrase in the last month, hoping to shame people into backing down their argument
Fickle, kneejerk. It's the same correct point.

Back your manager and back the team. Stop jumping u and down with every defeat screaming for sackings.

We're not entitled to be anywhere in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back