Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
_87880134_besic-mirallas-getty.jpg

both injured, and both miss City.
One's a loss the others a fraud....and McCarthy will step in for the loss.

I'm not knee jerking. I really really wanted it to work out and defended him to mates for months while they ridiculed him. There's no justfication for such a poor season. He has no right to still be in a job. He's not been short changed. He's got twice as long as he would have done at any of the comparable level clubs.
No right to be in the job. Ludicrous.

You do realise he constructed this squad - the one everyone says is the best for decades? Give him more than a couple of years to get this right FFS. Ginger bollocks near relegated us in his second season and was rewarded with 11 years.

What is really concerning is that today wasn't a shock. Even though Swansea are rubbish, I still felt we would struggle to win. We have forgotten how to win Premier league matches.

For me, Newcastle at home is an absolutely massive match, we have to win it. What is worrying is that they can put their feet up, whilst we have two games to play before than.

That's not true.

You're lashing out and not giving this much thought.

It's typical knee jerk.
If thats true there's about 95% of us on here with you in the minority - that display today was just not acceptable.....and it will continue with Martinez in charge

Lets look at the Swansea goals.

1st 70% Stones 30% Howard, whatever it was it was stupid individual mistakes.

2nd Massive deflection takes it over Howard.

Now I don't see much what Martinez could have done about that, Besic and Mirallas were massive losses aswell, again, nothing the manager could do about that.

2nd half we played better, but Swansea had already decided to park the buss, just as we did against City and held them off.

I've been giving Martinez it when deserved, but today, it was a comedy of errors from 2 players for the first and some bad luck.

If thats true there's about 95% of us on here with you in the minority - that display today was just not acceptable.....and it will continue with Martinez in charge
Oh THAT display was unacceptable?

And what sage conclusion did you come to when we beat City the other week? That it was acceptable.

How about just taking the rough with the smooth? Do you expect wins every game? You're supporting the wring club if you do.

Lets look at the Swansea goals.

1st 70% Stones 30% Howard, whatever it was it was stupid individual mistakes.

2nd Massive deflection takes it over Howard.

Now I don't see much what Martinez could have done about that, Besic and Mirallas were massive losses aswell, again, nothing the manager could do about that.

2nd half we played better, but Swansea had already decided to park the buss, just as we did against City and held them off.

I've been giving Martinez it when deserved, but today, it was a comedy of errors from 2 players for the first and some bad luck.
No mate. The lynching mob of keyboard chairmen aren't listening to those arguments.

To me, the worst thing about the pass back wasn't the pass itself, it was the arrogance with which it was delayed by Stones when it should have gone earlier instead of throwing in a needless shimmy. The pass itself however, was still fine in my eyes. There was a great replay showing Howard actually taking a step back when the ball was on the way to him, at the same time as stepping back, his eyes were firmly fixed on the incoming striker... I can't actually imagine what was going through Tim's head instead of actually moving towards the ball when he saw it was coming, but there again, he has turned incredible error prone, incredibly quickly.

I'd place a 20/80 ratio of blame to Stones/Howard on that, but really, it has been coming for weeks with arrogant play at the back from Stones. Swansea were terrible and scored from pretty much their only forays forwards and were very organised at the back when they parked the bus. We never really looked like scoring and don't really have an viable alternative if Lukaku is off the pace like today.

We really need to stop buying for the future now and actually improve the first eleven. Too many players in the squad such as Hibbert, Osman, Gibson, Kone and McGeady that are just a waste of wages. No back up to Right Back, Jags out, McCarthy out, Kev injured, Besic injured... we just look paper thin again.

We will still win matches this season, and enough to stay out of real trouble, but the underlying issues remain... Teams know how to play against us because we only have 1 plan. I also think our weak goalkeeper is the biggest reason behind Stones' form. I've seen it happen at other clubs recently where the defenders don't trust the keeper and they instantly look shaky and start making mistakes (Middlesbrough, the difference between the defence in front of Tomas Meijas/Dimi Konstantopolis as one external example).

Sorry for the length of the post, don't normally post much but needed to vent today because that should have been an easy win today.

What is really concerning is that today wasn't a shock. Even though Swansea are rubbish, I still felt we would struggle to win. We have forgotten how to win Premier league matches.

For me, Newcastle at home is an absolutely massive match, we have to win it. What is worrying is that they can put their feet up, whilst we have two games to play before than.

dayshavoo From this time last season

...and I'll give you the same answer: they havent finished top four and wont.

Why?

People predicted they would struggle with their recent run-in, but they beat Spurs at White Hart Lane, beat Chelsea at home and battered Stoke 3-0 yesterday.

I'm not saying they will win the league or anything, but given they are ten points ahead of Man Utd (5th place) who are struggling to even get a shot on target, I can't see why 4th is unrealistic for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back