Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You get respect when you earn it. You're using a poor spell of results opportunistically to hang a manager out to dry and push for his dismissal. Oh, and you'll also remember then wont you that Kendall was pilloried before he went on to cup success? Maybe that historical lesson passed you by?
great supporter you though....on ignore

Lets look at the Swansea goals.

1st 70% Stones 30% Howard, whatever it was it was stupid individual mistakes.

2nd Massive deflection takes it over Howard.

Now I don't see much what Martinez could have done about that, Besic and Mirallas were massive losses aswell, again, nothing the manager could do about that.

2nd half we played better, but Swansea had already decided to park the buss, just as we did against City and held them off.

I've been giving Martinez it when deserved, but today, it was a comedy of errors from 2 players for the first and some bad luck.

You react when the opposition aren't allowing you to play from the back. You don't play Cleverly out on the left. You react quicker when you lose the ball in your own half.

These are Martinez' faults.

Why?

People predicted they would struggle with their recent run-in, but they beat Spurs at White Hart Lane, beat Chelsea at home and battered Stoke 3-0 yesterday.

I'm not saying they will win the league or anything, but given they are ten points ahead of Man Utd (5th place) who are struggling to even get a shot on target, I can't see why 4th is unrealistic for them.

Sitting pretty on a 3 point lead at the top.

Not bad.

You get respect when you earn it. You're using a poor spell of results opportunistically to hang a manager out to dry and push for his dismissal. Oh, and you'll also remember then wont you that Kendall was pilloried before he went on to cup success? Maybe that historical lesson passed you by?

Dave, your apparent blind faith in Roberto Martinez is quite something, but if you're suggesting that he is about to have an 'Adrian Heath goal at Oxford' moment and somehow turn this calamitous campaign into a silverware laden future, well I really, really hope so... because on the evidence of today, we won't finish higher than 12th, will likely get buried on Wednesdy and sunny in Carlisle could be the end of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back