Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, reading this thread really does show you why the players fear playing at Goodison. That's right, our team is too nervous to perform infront of our own fans because of the abuse they get.

It's nothing but hate and anger for players and management from the 'support'
Well done lads, hope your proud.

First time ever i cant remember singing even at the start of the game.usually start of the game you can hear EVERTON EVERTON EVEEERRRTON.but today none.think today is the first day ive joined the anti martinez brigade.tear in my eye but has to stop some stage:(:(

I think deep in our hearts we all want Bobby to turn things around and for us to win both cups. And make top 5. Hard yes. Impossible no.

On to you our boys in blue. Wednesday is the biggest game we've had since the FA cup final in 2009. Wednesday is the most important day of Roberto Martinez's Everton career.

COYB. Make us proud again.

You can't slate Martinez's transfer record. The two players he's actually spent money on, McCarthy and Lukaku, look like bargains. Barry was a free, del cost 4m.

Agree - I was asking Zirc why fans feel the need for the buy out to improve the team? I don't think the current board has choked funds particularly and as you say Martinez has spent well.

Tactically I'd question only Cleverly and Funes Mori given our defensive frailties but they are both good players and have done OK.

Wow, reading this thread really does show you why the players fear playing at Goodison. That's right, our team is too nervous to perform infront of our own fans because of the abuse they get.

It's nothing but hate and anger for players and management from the 'support'
Well done lads, hope your proud.
Poor them, I hope they get some sort of compensation for earning millions for kicking a ball around and being called a few bad words.

As Gareth Barry said, it is up to them to get the crowd behind them. They don't. They deserve every single bit of abuse they have got this season (and last).

Poor them, I hope they get some sort of compensation for earning millions for kicking a ball around and being called a few bad words.

As Gareth Barry said, it is up to them to get the crowd behind them. They don't. They deserve every single bit of abuse they have got this season (and last).
yeah but psychology doesn't work like that does it.

If you were being paid the going rate for your job, hell if you were being paid 20/100 times that, would you perform better if 36'000 people (who have never played professional football) over-analysed every single body movement you made and booed/screamed abused when ever they decided (rightfully or wrongly) that you were doing something wrong, or they didn't agree with? or would you perform better if they didn't.
No footballer plays the perfect game every week, they will always makes mistakes but the better footballers are the ones that deal with those mistakes, get on with it and not let it effect then. Which is kind of difficult when your own support boos you or ironically claps the rest of your touches.

Yes.....I have cooled down a bit myself after watching the recording.

So I am done with criticising the defending at the first goal.

I am looking at the ref now.

As with Leciester's third and decisive goal, the referee ignored a blatant handball which started the move.

As with the Stoke game when he was blatantly fouled in the box, Seamus Coleman was denied a stonewall penalty when a boy handled a cross from him.

Then there is the misfiring strikers.

It is criminal Lukaku and Ross were not attacking thise wicked crosses Del was putting in with regular frequency all through the second half.

Seamus them procedes to miss two sitters.....one a contender for miss if the season.

FFS we could just as easily won that game 8-2.

I love writing this stuff.

I love arguing with those I have been arguing with all night.

I love GOT because it gives all of us a safety valve we never had back in that prehistoric time before the Internet when you came home the game, kicked the dog, insulted the wife and sent the children to their rooms....:whip:

And now I am starting to get up for Wednesday night ;)

I love you, Everton.

COYB :pint2:

Totally agree! it's well and good getting fed up etc but sometimes no matter what, a game doesn't go your way!!

I just hope we all get behind them on Weds, such a big game!

yeah but psychology doesn't work like that does it.

If you were being paid the going rate for your job, hell if you were being paid 20/100 times that, would you perform better if 36'000 people (who have never played professional football) over-analysed every single body movement you made and booed/screamed abused when ever they decided (rightfully or wrongly) that you were doing something wrong, or they didn't agree with? or would you perform better if they didn't.
No footballer plays the perfect game every week, they will always makes mistakes but the better footballers are the ones that deal with those mistakes, get on with it and not let it effect then. Which is kind of difficult when your own support boos you or ironically claps the rest of your touches.
Then I would say they're in the wrong profession.

Football is a passionate game, a game that people let out their emotions. I don't think everyone goes into the stadium thinking 'I'm going to scream my head off like a nutcase today'.

So many discussion points from the game yesterday. So just a couple from me.

l was shocked at our work-rate and effort in the 1st half I thought well it,s probably down to the fact that the players are saving themselves for Wednesday but then I also thought they generally don,t look arsed full stop in front of the fans and a live global TV audience ! I have seen that lazy swagger before under previous Everton managers and that should be a concern for the management team and directors.

I cannot understand how two players are passed fit and then break down inside of 20 mins of the game - the medical team and the manager surely have to look at that internally. Mo looked like he had enough walking of the pitch with the constant soft tissue injury's and Kev was in no mood to run off an injury.

Swansea have lifted 3 points off a sleeping team and it was brutally easy for them in truth meanwhile Bobby is giving the GP faithfully the steely eye which is will not end well if things go pear shaped on Wed.

Players agents are going to be firmly fixed on all things Everton in the next 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back