Match Thread Everton v Swansea. 24th Jan at 1330.

What do you identify the Wirral as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No pressure on them whatsoever, they are just knocking the ball round at will. 2 conceded before the half against a team averaging lower than a goal a game this season is embarrassing.

Just as bad on the ball, no movement, both Barkley and Lukaku dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball. Martinez needs to get into them. Anything less than 3 points is unacceptable.

As bad as anything under Moyes and he never had players of this quality

Bored of how predictable this all is now

That's the worst thing. We've finally got the top striker we always wanted, exciting young wingers and some good depth (ridiculous injuries aside). But we can no longer do the basics and it undermines everything else.

If we finish midtable again then I don't understand how Roberto can keep his job. He's built a wonderful team and he does so much right, but what he gets wrong is too costly.

Baines, Barry & Besic (before he went off) look the only ones at the races today. Don't blame Howard for the penalty, but do think he should be dropped to get his head sorted - cannot do him any good getting sarcastic applause. We are standing off too much and allowing Swansea to play. Hope for better things after half time.

.....back to having no tempo and no play in the top third. Hopefully Pienaar will make a difference but we have to play in their half and get out of 2nd gear.

There's the problem.

They've got 3 v 3 pretty much at our back line, yet we still try to play it out under pressure and lose the ball.

Meanwhile, Del is out wide getting zero service. Lukaku is feeding off scraps. Barkley doesn't know whether he's supposed to play off Rom or carry the ball out of our half.

And WTF is Cleverly doing out wide?

Disgraceful first half. I'm pro Martinez but we need to be much much better in the second half. If we won't win this game, manager need to answer some questions.

1 game mate, at home in a semi final, the crowd have to lift the side to get playing, that is not a good sign.
What about Chelsea, Tottenham, etc? Plus our crowd seems to demand a 10-0 win every game and is on the team's back after about 5 seconds of playing, and wants for one of our best players to just hoof it all the time; we're gonna moan when he gets sold as well.

I don't blame stones for the back pass. Howard stepped back as the ball came to him. Didn't give himself enough time. There's problems there. Not just on the pitch. I reckon A couple of players, at least, are looking for the exit door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back