Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Spurs last night and they definitely look vulnerable. Conte said after the game that he would have only one day to prepare for Sunday. If we could patch up the defence somehow we might just have a chance

I watched Spurs last night and they definitely look vulnerable. Conte said after the game that he would have only one day to prepare for Sunday. If we could patch up the defence somehow we might just have a chance
They did, but are we the team to carry that on making Spurs look Vulnerable, I just hope once again as ive said in the past and most of the time it happens, is that we dont play Sunday as though we played midweek (Last Night) and act like the oppo had the week off

They did, but are we the team to carry on making Spurs Look vulnerable, i just hope once again as ive said in the past and most of the time it happens, is that we dont play sunday as though we played midweek [last night] and act like the oppo had week off
When you put it like that we haven’t got a lot to offer really. As ever hope for the best but expect the worst o_O

If Spurs play like they did in the first 30 mins of the game last night they will waltz through us. We need to try and stop Son and Reguilon.

Up the toffees, 3-0. James, Voldermort and the Walrus to all open their accounts. Can't wait to see the face on the Nuno fella after Benitez shows him a tactical master class.

Overrated team for years, with a decent manager since Tuesday.
The Blues will be all over this one and the vastly underperforming Kane will still be sulking at 4pm.
Hopefully nice guy Son (who isn't that sort of player, ad nauseum) won't get up to his old tricks.
COYB!!!!

Spurs have a new manager. Therefore; first league game must be Everton and the score will be 10-4.
Don't Alan, I was a kid at school when that happened. One of the big tv shows back then was Highway Patrol, every time the cops got a message on the radio they replied with ten four. You can imagine the stick the little redskins at my school gave us. Every time one of us spoke the answer was ten four.

If we can hit them on counters we have a chance, a couple of meaty challenges to get the Old Lady pumped up and do the actual defending on set plays will help as well. Vitesse showed last night how vulnerable they can be, we need to punish that

….particularly big game for Benitez given recent bad results. Fans are getting increasingly restless, he needs to stop the slide Or petrol will be poured on the fire.

The timing of Conte’s appointment couldn’t be worst, but they are fragile and we need to play with tempo and aggression. If tactics allow them to dominate possession we could be in bother.
Well in Eggs, a little bit of optimism never did anyone any harm, going for an Everton win and I don’t care how we achieve it.

Don't Alan, I was a kid at school when that happened. One of the big tv shows back then was Highway Patrol, every time the cops got a message on the radio they replied with ten four. You can imagine the stick the little redskins at my school gave us. Every time one of us spoke the answer was ten four.
Soz mate. Didn’t know kopites had teles in those days!

Hope our attacking players have the game of their lives

If it's Keane and Holgate CBs, I fear that's a 3 goal start for Spurs

Wash away my negative thoughts please lads!

COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.