Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones was terribly naive for the second goal. He's still class, but his inexperience showed. Let's not start selling him off to Chelsea because of it.

Yes he dived in too early but, Howard gave the lad half the goal to aim at. Completely flat footed. His positioning is awful.

Terrible first half. Much better second. Poor result against a poor side.

Happy for Barkley and Kone.

As for the season, you can't know how it's going to work out until we finish our transfer business. See 2013-14.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that we have just had to rely on Arouna Kone to bail us out against a newly promoted team with six new players.

We've shown character to come from behind twice but at the same time we've just shown a lot of what made us so predictable last season. It's no coincidence that Barry moving out of the middle seen our play dramatically speed up with Barkley dropping deeper but it's concerning that Martinez took us in to that game set up in the way he did.

Yes he deserves credit for the changes but he needs to stop worrying about controlling the game from the off. We simply don't have the players to do it effectively.

Defensive frailties will see us get a couple of thrashing this season. Too stand offish for my liking. There second goal was a prime example, too much jockeying meaning the player had all the time in the world to set himself up. Rather see our defenders closing down instantly giving them no time to think. FFS I think I could get a couple of shots in myself against our defence. Would rather see a couple of solid full backs because as good as Coleman is going forward he is not that good at defending. Stones is still learning, Jags has always got an error in him (especially dallying on the ball) Baines...see Coleman. The defensive midfielders are the same allowing time and space. I don't know if this is under instruction but its not working and has to change or we will see us conceding plenty of goals. Attacking wise we were much determined in the second half.

I don't know what's more frightening to be frank, the fact that we started the season with a draw against bleedin' Watford, or that Kone actually scored.

First half was dross, second half a lot better, except when we scored and then both times sat back and let them have the ball. We only seem to have any impetus when we're losing.

Hopefully Kev is alright. Why he switched over to the left 10 minutes into the second half is infuriating. He was tearing them to pieces down the right.

We seriously need a playmaker. That should have been our first transfer...
Absolutely no creativity in the middle of the park...
In that first half there was no one period in the middle of the park. That's why the ball kept going out to the sides. I don't know if it's tactics or that Ross isn't showing for the ball or McCarthy and Barry are too far back but in the games we struggle it's always for the same reason.

We need Shaqiri badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back