Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you got a good point against a weakened Watford side. If Abdi had been playing, it would have been a walk over for us. As it is, considering our injuries and suspensions I'm not too concerned about a draw away at a bottom half side.
Don't come on board to troll. Your team did well and used good gamesmanship. Take that as a pat on the head and head back to your own board.

And everybody here slagging Watford off for being c**p needs to realise there's no easy game in this league. They've got a strong squad and set up very well against us. Martinez simply hasn't learnt that against teams whose forwards press high and defence sit back, our 4-2-3-1 system doesn't work very well.

So who is there new striker that will bag the equaliser tomorrow then?

Oh sweet irony how you jest with my emotions. So it was (like a new signing) Kone that stepped up with the equaliser.
37 games to go draw 36 and win the other is the magical 40 points mark that usually means safety. Small steps everbody.

3 weeks to fix whats clearly broken.

Complete lack of ideas yet again. We really really need to address the midfield issue - Barkley & Cleverly aren't going to address the need for more creativity and the Barry & McCarthy partnership has lost it's legs, as good as they were two seasons ago. We need more than one injection of pace & creativity in there, and did anyone else miss Aaron Lennon today?

Positives were Kone's impact & the Barkley goal (simply due to the quality of it, which he is more than capable of).

We do not look physically and mentally fit enough for a start to the season.I was watching the Leicester v Sunderland game at the same time and the fitness levels from both sides...... looked like they were leaps and bounds ahead of us.

And everybody here slagging Watford off for being c**p needs to realise there's no easy game in this league. They've got a strong squad and set up very well against us. Martinez simply hasn't learnt that against teams whose forwards press high and defence sit back, our 4-2-3-1 system doesn't work very well.
They had about 6 players starting that were new and a different manager than they got promoted with. They should have been pressured and punished but we were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back