Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am not sure, gonna give Martinez a bit of credit for changing formation so maybe showing we might have a plan b this season

But its the wrong formation. If you play Cleverly Barry McCarthy its too narrow and it doesn't add anything to the attack. In a 433, its better to play Osman McCarthy and Barkley or a Pienaar type player who can help out wide more. That's where Everton were having trouble on the attack in the first half, they couldn't use the flanks. Then Kone came on, Barry went LB and they went 442 and they could overload on the flanks more.

Seriously - and I really am not trolling here - don't be disappointed with a draw. We aren't the Watford of years ago. We are at least your equals, and will be surpassing you over the next few seasons. A 2-2 draw at home is creditable for a team like Everton.

They had about 6 players starting that were new and a different manager than they got promoted with. They should have been pressured and punished but we were

But no game is easy. We were crap in the first half and we're frustrating to watch, but just because a team has 6 new players doesn't mean they're gonna be a walkover. Anyone who expected an easy win today needs to face reality. It only emphasised that if we're going to persist with 4-2-3-1, then we need a playmaker to exploit the little space that teams leave us with.

And everybody here slagging Watford off for being c**p needs to realise there's no easy game in this league. They've got a strong squad and set up very well against us. Martinez simply hasn't learnt that against teams whose forwards press high and defence sit back, our 4-2-3-1 system doesn't work very well.
I don't think anyone will think they're crap. They were very efficient and tough to break down, reminiscent of an Everton from not too long ago, with players willing to snide. We're a bunch of pansies thesedays

Martinez needs to sort the tactics simple as that,the fans see it every week its very worrying that the manager can't seem to sort it.
The lying chairman needs to get him some money sorted as well because we should have had a number 10 in now and raring to go.

Don't worry, someone will do a poll later.

Can I pre-cast my cheese on toast vote now - in case I don't get in before shutdown?

We need 3 strikers and Kone just showed us we still only have 2. Playing Arouna with Rom frees up Lukaku to play his natural game and Kone has much better hold-up play (although Rom did great to set Arouna up for the goal...)

Get Barry on the bench and play 4-4-2

Half the blame is his, the other half Stones'. Watch the goal again. Howard covers the near post, but Coleman and Stones are both covering that. When the striker cuts inside he doesn't react at all and leaves half the goal to aim at. Dreadful positioning.

You're talking out of your ass mate.

Howard is crap and needs replacing but you're mental if you think he was even partially at fault for any of those goals.

Clueless mate.

Clueless.

They didn't just sit back though. At times they did but other teams they also played a high line. Our problems are all down to us.

That's why I said their forward's pressed high mate. Loads of teams did it to us last year. Two up top against our defence, with the wingers supporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back