Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones dived in too early for the second, but immediately when that move started to build up you could see that Howard was not gonna stop anything that got through.

Honestly, just watch it again and take into account my point about his positioning. For the first there was nothing he could do. It'd have been a good save to stop the second, but my point is that he's not ready at all.

I disagree.

But, I think we can agree that we need new number one at that position. He doesn't inspire confidence at all and after we equalized, I just hoped they wouldn't get a shot off for fear of what might happen.

This 'Everton have a divine right to beat Watford' nonsense betrays your football knowledge. Do some research on the Pozzo family and you'll realize how fortunate you were today. Credit to all those Everton fans that saw the wood for the trees today.

I think our midfield is the source of most of our problems.

Mccarthy is hugely overrated and does not control games.

Barry getting out of the middle improved those two immensely.

Mi rallas was poor, again. Cleverly was decent - I think he was very good. Barkley was hit and miss.

Our two defensive midfielders do not give enough cover to the centre halves - it is easy to score against us with few chances - the fault of the first goal was Mccarthy.

And we have no width.

And Lukaku was dire, permanently offside. His touch is dire.

And I don't like the idea of playing a CB at LB when Oviedo is available. Galloway has no attacking threat from the flank.

The crowd again, sorry to say, didn't help in the first half. I understand the frustration, but the boo boys were out in force today before they even scored their first.
I think the boos at half time woke them up and the crowd in the 2nd half kept them awake. When the crowd goes silent the players seem to go to sleep.

Professional footballers shouldn't need the crowd to keep them on their toes. Arsenal's stadium is a cathedral.

We got better when he moved to left back though, just like we did the Goodison derby in Martinez's first season, just like we won nearly every game last season he missed. If him and Gibson swapped injury records Martinez would be an Everton legend, as it is his blind devotion to a player long past it will get him the sack this season. Besic and Barkley in the middle until Gibson returns. The other two clowns have had a whole season of passing it sideways, give someone else a go.

He won't and shouldn't drop McCarthy. Besic, as good as he is/will be, passes it sideways and dawdles as much as anyone else.

You're talking out of your ass mate.

Howard is crap and needs replacing but you're mental if you think he was even partially at fault for any of those goals.

Clueless mate.

Clueless.

Was his fault for the second, wasn't in the corner. Positioning was poor.

You're talking out of your ass mate.

Howard is crap and needs replacing but you're mental if you think he was even partially at fault for any of those goals.

Clueless mate.

Clueless.

Very very rarely do I back you up on Howard, but there is no way he is at blame for either goal today.

God awful defending from England's Jagielka and £89m John Stones were to blame.

Seriously - and I really am not trolling here - don't be disappointed with a draw. We aren't the Watford of years ago. We are at least your equals, and will be surpassing you over the next few seasons. A 2-2 draw at home is creditable for a team like Everton.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back