Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can this was Howard's fault? You think Robles can save that?

Agree. Everyone wants to let Stones off the hook because he's the golden one and blame Howard. When you dive in and give a player a shot at goal and he has a whole net to shoot at its highly unlikely the keeper (whoever it is) is going to save it. It is what it is, Stones went diving in, got beat and was the reason for the goal. Still young, still learning. Don't blame Howard for Stones mistake.

This 'Everton have a divine right to beat Watford' nonsense betrays your football knowledge. Do some research on the Pozzo family and you'll realize how fortunate you were today. Credit to all those Everton fans that saw the wood for the trees today.

Mate, ever considered rehab ?

This 'Everton have a divine right to beat Watford' nonsense betrays your football knowledge. Do some research on the Pozzo family and you'll realize how fortunate you were today. Credit to all those Everton fans that saw the wood for the trees today.

You're having a laugh mate.

Small club mentality that.

Everyone has tipped you to go down. On today's evidence, you will.

LOL

image.webp

I think the boos at half time woke them up and the crowd in the 2nd half kept them awake. When the crowd goes silent the players seem to go to sleep.

Professional footballers shouldn't need the crowd to keep them on their toes. Arsenal's stadium is a cathedral.

I agree mate. The boos at half time I could understand, but there were boos ringing round after ten minutes. I know it's frustrating but it can't help. Crowd in the second half were magnificent and drove the team forward.

You, as a Watford fan, cannot tell an Everton fan to be happy with a draw against you.

I agree you're on the up definitely, but you've got a long long way to go to be anywhere near us. That's just obvious.

What, they made us an offer we couldn't refuse ?

Turn it in douchebag.

You will soon be back where you belong, enjoy your stay in the division for a year.

Who was Watford's creative maestro then? We shouldn't have needed any more players to beat them there, the players should be up for it and raring to go. Obviously we need a few players in but ffs, you'd think they wouldn't have been able to handle us if we just went for the throat from the get go. Two defensive midfielders! Bill, pull your finger out, but also, Martinez... learn.

Honestly, just watch it again and take into account my point about his positioning. For the first there was nothing he could do. It'd have been a good save to stop the second, but my point is that he's not ready at all.
I blame Stones. Watford guy is on on his weaker foot and he has to turn to get the ball on goal . Then comes Stones he dives in . The other guys can have a smoke laying the ball on his good foot having all the goal to aim at . He asks Howard where do you want it and boumm. If that kind of defending is worth 30 m i have to say LOL

hahaha ironic to the max.

The gap he left on his left was too inviting. Honestly he is a pure liability in goal.

I agree mate. He left half the goal to aim at. All it needed was a step or two to his left and he'd have been able to get hands on that effort. Stones' got turned too easily (apart from that he was brilliant), but Howard didn't react at all when their striker turned inside. Just stayed in exactly the same position.

Inform us please. Will they make the premiership an offer they can't refuse?
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back