Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our midfield is the source of most of our problems.

Mccarthy is hugely overrated and does not control games.

Barry getting out of the middle improved those two immensely.

Mi rallas was poor, again. Cleverly was decent - I think he was very good. Barkley was hit and miss.

Our two defensive midfielders do not give enough cover to the centre halves - it is easy to score against us with few chances - the fault of the first goal was Mccarthy.

And we have no width.

And Lukaku was dire, permanently offside. His touch is dire.
The also offer nothing when we have the ball either. Barry might have looked good in pre-season when the games weren't played at the same pace and against weak teams but today showed he's finished at this level. Time to book him a flight to the MLS.

The only evidence I can see is that we got an away point at a supposedly decent side, despite our three best players being injured/suspended/unused substitutes.

Who is this numb nut!!! Why are you not in your own forum? Why join another that really does want nor need you

Well that was a bit crap. Concern I have is as soon as we scored each time they came out to attack us and we looked absolutely ripe to concede another.

Slow pit of the blocks again, in fact I can't remember the last time we put in a real good first half performance as it always seems to be "we need to make 3 changes at ht".

Cleverley done well I thought and earned his wage.
Barkley was hit and miss but we'll done for his persistence and a beautiful goal
Well done Kone' for a brilliant finish
Lukaku was nowhere near fit enough

Jags and Stones were poor
Barry and McCarthy were bloody awful imo offering nothing going forward and nothing back the other way.

Unless there's a huge upturn in performances coming up I still feel Martinez may be on borrowed time. Hopefully he gets a couple if new additions in this week to freshen things up.

The also offer nothing when we have the ball either. Barry might have looked good in pre-season when the games weren't played at the same pace and against weak teams but today showed he's finished at this level. Time to book him a flight to the MLS.

Honestly, he'd be too slow in MLS as well.

Seriously.

Agree. Everyone wants to let Stones off the hook because he's the golden one and blame Howard. When you dive in and give a player a shot at goal and he has a whole net to shoot at its highly unlikely the keeper (whoever it is) is going to save it. It is what it is, Stones went diving in, got beat and was the reason for the goal. Still young, still learning. Don't blame Howard for Stones mistake.

Look where the ball actually went in the net. It's just left of the centre and isn't particularly hit hard. A keeper on his line can pick that up regardless of whatever Stones does. Howard is on his 6 yard line covering the same side of the goal that Stones is covering though. Stones messed up but Howard is a joke keeper and watching him in the prem is like watching some sort of spoof comedy.

Saying on Sky we had 400 more passes than Watford today yet fewer attempts on goal.

Martinez has to get over his obsession of control or he's going to be out of a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back