Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mate. He left half the goal to aim at. All it needed was a step or two to his left and he'd have been able to get hands on that effort. Stones' got turned too easily (apart from that he was brilliant), but Howard didn't react at all when their striker turned inside. Just stayed in exactly the same position.
It's actually laughable, in that moment instead of moving sideways he comes forward. Goalkeeping fundamentals don't exist

The also offer nothing when we have the ball either. Barry might have looked good in pre-season when the games weren't played at the same pace and against weak teams but today showed he's finished at this level. Time to book him a flight to the MLS.
Correct Sir.

I think you are preaching to the converted about Barry. Five more years of that from McCarthy is not going to do my mood swings much good.

Their goals came from nothing. That really should be a comfortable 2-0. For a team that plays eight defensive midfielders every game, we don't defend the midfield very well.

A big problem for us is the midfield, we lack any creativity, no movement (apart from Cleverley).

Having two players continually starting in Barry and McCarthy who offer nothing going forward and aren't even doing the job they are supposed to be good at (defending) really does hinder us.

But this won't change as it is the way Martinez plays.

I agree mate. The boos at half time I could understand, but there were boos ringing round after ten minutes. I know it's frustrating but it can't help. Crowd in the second half were magnificent and drove the team forward.
What do you want them to do when we're playing in 1st gear. It's a sign to the players to snap out of it. They didn't and Watford scored.

Why? As someone said we had 8 players back yet when the ball came to one of theirs there wasn't a man within 5 yard of him with all our players just walking around. There's too many of our players that don't see or respond to danger quick enough.

I'm not a fan of booing either but it's the effort the fans are booing. It should be Martinez's job to motivate them but frankly he doesn't seem up it.

Behrami came in with a leg breaker of a challenge while Mirallas' foot was planted.

Could have been ugly. Mirallas continued but came off later.
Behrami is a dirty bugger. And as a player he is finished. He was woefull last season in Hambourg. Has only the stamina for 30 minutes after that it is foul after foul. How he managed to stay on the pitch without a red card you have to ask the ref.

Felt Cleverley and Oviedo were good. Barkley good second half.

Don't want Barry at LB...ever. Mirallas good before that horror challenge.

Get a few more players in and some players healthy and we could do ok.

Galloway wasn't even tired, I didn't get it.

Seriously - and I really am not trolling here - don't be disappointed with a draw. We aren't the Watford of years ago. We are at least your equals, and will be surpassing you over the next few seasons. A 2-2 draw at home is creditable for a team like Everton.

You should meet Brian Swan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back