Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the second half it showed that were a great team and they were not. We had a sense of urgency and desire to let our fans and ourselves (as the players) down. We knew were a better team and fought to show it. Infact im gonna argue that we should've scored two or three more- those crosses from Coleman and Mirallas were delicious very amazed that nobody got to them! If we play like we did in the second half the rest of the season- should be a very good year.

Special note to Arouna Kone. There were many doubters, i was one of them. I think even Martinez was one of them, and had no choice but to play you. But credit to you lad, you played your heart out and deserved that goal. Hope to see more of that soon

Exactly! Love the optimism mate. Need a bit more of that.

His post-match report is pretty scathing (for Martinez). Accused team of being in pre-season mode for the first half and was disappointed not to get the win.

I think he's aware of his situation and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a change of tactics (more counter attacking) for Soton

Actually a great finish by Kone today. Ross' was better, but Kone could easily have screwed that wide, no keeper was getting to that.

Need a playmaker badly, or a player like Shaqiri will run with his outrageous barrel chest right into the heart of their defence.

His post-match report is pretty scathing (for Martinez). Accused team of being in pre-season mode for the first half and was disappointed not to get the win.

I think he's aware of his situation and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a change of tactics (more counter attacking) for Soton

Ahhhh, progress at last.... Unlike last season when everything was 'phenomenal' and there was no admittance of fault...

Nothing Robles has ever done suggests he would have made that save. People still blaming the wrong person for that goal. To each his own I guess.
I suggest you take a look at the youTube video of our cup game against West Ham. There was loads of saves in that game that Howard wouldn't have made but today I don't blame Howard. I'm just saying he doesn't earn us points like the top keepers do and often loses us them.

Reactions: Jxg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back