Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Howard is a liability. End
* We look much better with Barkley further back and Barry off the pitch.
* Galloway has potential, but looks to me to be a centre half.
* Lukaku is not a hold up player. Just because he is big and strong, does not mean he can hold the ball up well. As shown by Kone's lay off for Barkley's goal, Kone is much better at this.
* Jagielka needs to stop with the long balls. When we get the ball down and Cleverley, Barkley, McCarthy and Mirallas play triangles, we look much more dangerous.
* Cleverley was okay. Didn't notice him much, though he was played out of position.
* Oviedo looked sharp. Should have started?
* Stones was calm but at fault for the goal. It happens.
* Barkley looked much much better. Confidence is key for him, and he has it.
* Kone also looked sharp, and ready to make a difference. Helped those around him, also added a great finish.
* Both of their goals were Osman's fault

Not read any of this thread since the game finished, just got home from the match, and I have to say that was utter drivel, the first half was as bad as anything I watched last season, thought Barry done ok and stones except for the goal showed why Chelsea are after him, the rest I'm sorry where total rubbish, I thought for a minute that we had signed up for the Barclays bank walking football for the over 50's. With the exception of Stones I'd except any good offer for the rest. We where devoid of energy, movement, pace and anything you associate with a good football team, the second half was slightly better but lets face it, it couldn't be worst than the first. Sorry lads rant over,

I like your name.

OT: Anyone got links to goals/highlights?

Unless we sign some decent players with creativity and ability to score in the next week or so this is yet another season written off.

But really this group of players are so much better than the manager is able to extract from them.

On today's display the manager has learnt absolutely nothing from last season which is very , very worrying.
I thought Barkley was played in a better position.
We didn't hold any threat down the left without Baines.
I was very disappointed in Rom today.
He just isn't the kind of striker to put himself about in the box. He needs to pick the ball up outside the box.
McCarthy isn't an attacking midfielder.
He's a player who excels breaking down other teams. He was a waste today - would have been better with Osman.

If we sign those 3 players that Martinez wants to sign and he will not be as stubborn tactically as he was last season then we can be good. COYB, let's gain some points against Saints and City.

Oh and based on today either Barry or McCarthy should be benched, i know majority want to throw Barry out, but his experience can be valuable sometimes. Don't understand where we will fit Besic thought. Maybe a loan?

Oh and based on today either Barry or McCarthy should be benched, i know majority want to throw Barry out, but his experience can be valuable sometimes. Don't understand where we will fit Besic thought. Maybe a loan?

...you can only play 11 but we need quality back up. Besic is quality back up, who knows he might be a starter in years to come.

Right now I would have Besic before both Barry and McCarthy.

...you can only play 11 but we need quality back up. Besic is quality back up, who knows he might be a starter in years to come.

I'm not suggesting that we get rid of him, it's just that i don't see him playing a lot this season if we go with 1 DM for a lot games, and we clearly will play with at least 2 all the time, just judging on today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back