Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was annoyed at how Martinez was all smiles straight after the whistle with their manager! He was all best Mates with him also before the match! He needs to toughen up and get the lads playing with more urgency! We play better late in the game chasing. Very disappointing. Does Charlie Austin hold the ball up ? Lukaku certainly doesn't !!

While I agree we need to play before the 45, being Mourinho/Sherwood ont he touchline doesn't help

Apparent Bobby sounded confident in his post match interview that we've got deals being lined up and that new players will be coming, based on today It pains me to say that we could be in for a repeat of last seasons woeful football
For me it's the midfield that's the problem, no link up between defence to attack, we need this creative player badly, cause the strikers seemed to do their job fine once they got the chances like today, just need a better supplier

being linedApparent Bobby sounded confident in his post match interview that we've got deals up and that new players will be coming, based on today It pains me to say that we could be in for a repeat of last seasons woeful football
For me it's the midfield that's the problem, no link up between defence to attack, we need this creative player badly, cause the strikers seemed to do their job fine once they got the chances like today, just need a better supplier

Should have been done and dusted 3 weeks ago.

I'm not asking us to go and slice teams apart when they have 10 men behind the ball like Watford did at times today, but there were times where they were quite open and we just didn't drive the ball forward quick enough, someone like Gibson helps us massively in that department

Credit to that Deeney, absolutely ran himself into the ground and hassled Stones/Jags all game. We do seem to struggle against these types of strikers. Gomes and that catapult arm of his was just flinging it onto his head all game
If the highlights are any guide, you are praising the chap who tried his absolute hardest to break Galloway's ankle with a studs up sliding tackle into his standing leg. Classy. Massively disappointed to see that the ref only gave a yellow for that, and also massively disappointed to see that no-one else really seemed to care that the youngster had been scythed down. Why wasn't Jagielka straight to the ref demanding the red? Why was no-one squaring up to the grock? Why does no-one on this team stand up for anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back