Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I was annoyed at how Martinez was all smiles straight after the whistle with their manager! He was all best Mates with him also before the match! He needs to toughen up and get the lads playing with more urgency! We play better late in the game chasing. Very disappointing. Does Charlie Austin hold the ball up ? Lukaku certainly doesn't !!

Nice one Dave.

Pretty bad defending all round for their first. For the second don't have a problem with Howard's positioning, but feel like he could have done better. Tbf to Kone, he gets a lot of stick, but that's a good run and lovely finish for his goal.
"The Prince" wasn't it mate?

Stones appalling for both the goals we conceded.

Why was Galloway preferred over Oviedo?

I like Galloway, but he's a CB and we're a team that utilities our full backs in attack.

As for moving Barry to left back, he was okay there but I'd have rather seen Oviedo at left back and McAleny come on for Mirallas.

Oviedo's still probably not 100% ready.

If we look at this result honestly, we scrambled a draw at home against a promoted team. A team who will struggle to stay in the division. They will be on their way back south thinking that was two points lost.
It is clear we are going to persist with last year's tactics and playing players out of position. Unless we bring in three players who can pass the ball forward we will go through the same frustrations as last year.
Lukaku is not a "hold up" type of centre forward, if he is looking to pick the ball up outside the box what is Barkley in the team for.
A radical thought, sell Lukaku buy another centre forward and get a creative midfielder. Not that it will happen, unfortunately I fear a repeat of last year. This morning I was hopeful, the players we have should beat Watford.

Credit to that Deeney, absolutely ran himself into the ground and hassled Stones/Jags all game. We do seem to struggle against these types of strikers. Gomes and that catapult arm of his was just flinging it onto his head all game

"The Prince" wasn't it mate?

b49zg.jpg
= me

Stones appalling for both the goals we conceded.

Didn't specifically see what he did for the first, but he didn't cover himself in glory for the second, done worse that Howard certainly...

Just got back from the match, to me it was way too similar to last season. Too much passing back no hold up play from the centre forwards although Kone did try when he came on. I would love to say things are going to change for the better but if we persist with this style of play it will be another long season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back