Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the highlights are any guide, you are praising the chap who tried his absolute hardest to break Galloway's ankle with a studs up sliding tackle into his standing leg. Classy. Massively disappointed to see that the ref only gave a yellow for that, and also massively disappointed to see that no-one else really seemed to care that the youngster had been scythed down. Why wasn't Jagielka straight to the ref demanding the red? Why was no-one squaring up to the grock? Why does no-one on this team stand up for anyone?

Well I was too far away to judge that one, looked innocuous but fair enough. Just thought he'd had a decent game.

2nd half was alright, a lot more urgency. Start the game as we did in the 2nd half and we win the game, that's going to come with time imo.

The right signings and it's going to be a good season.

Pathetic,two great goals totally out of context with the game for us,we cannot defend,not having a go at the back four,you defend as a team from the front(Hello Romelu)we cannot string two passes together going forward,so we play half the game in our own half,two defensive midfielders again at home to Watford,Cleverly starts his debut on the left,felt sorry for the lad myself,when we got the second equaliser with a couple of minutes to go I just wanted the ref to blow his whistle to take the point as I've got no confidence in us seeing a game through defensively and this was against WATFORD:rant:

I missed the entire game. Finished work at half time, got into the pub and their dodgy box had given up the ghost. Commuted home instead and hit Lime Street just as all the Evertonians did.

Spoke to two lads and they were properly pessimistic. Was it that bad? Seen the goals on Vine, looked ace.

* Howard is a liability. End
* We look much better with Barkley further back and Barry off the pitch.
* Galloway has potential, but looks to me to be a centre half.
* Lukaku is not a hold up player. Just because he is big and strong, does not mean he can hold the ball up well. As shown by Kone's lay off for Barkley's goal, Kone is much better at this.
* Jagielka needs to stop with the long balls. When we get the ball down and Cleverley, Barkley, McCarthy and Mirallas play triangles, we look much more dangerous.
* Cleverley was okay. Didn't notice him much, though he was played out of position.
* Oviedo looked sharp. Should have started?
* Stones was calm but at fault for the goal. It happens.
* Barkley looked much much better. Confidence is key for him, and he has it.
* Kone also looked sharp, and ready to make a difference. Helped those around him, also added a great finish.
* Both of their goals were Osman's fault
Agree with all this except Oviedo. He looks around 10 pounds overweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back