Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely respect your position. You don't think the booing might serve as metaphorical kick up the a***?
Arguably yeah, but I see it more as a confidence knocker to some players. I know it's been done to death with Ross but imagine what his mind goes through knowing that if he gives it away, he's gonna be groaned at. Dunno just how I see it really, like you say people can do what they want within reason.

The half time booing was a disgrace. Nothing short of an absolute disgrace.
And how exactly would you suggest the fans express their displeasure at having to watch 45 minutes of absolutely turgid football after spending their hard earnt money on tickets then Alex? Perhaps write a polite letter to the Club Secretary and ask them to pass it on to the team during the next training session?

It's been said countless times on here that the play is too slow and lethargic. Apparently Bobby constantly tells people to speed up the play. So why doesn't it ever change? So frustrating. Groundhog day: Naismith on, chasing a game against a bang average side at home.

It's virtually every time we aren't winning. It's setting a trend of spoilt fans who think we have a right to be winning every game.
Maybe the reason why the fans have seen no success is because they have been willing to accept it. Besides that's not true. The fans boo the performance not the result.

That 1st half performance was truly dire. We didn't create a chance the whole half except one Barkley shot.

to be fair im really drunk now but my heads saying..
watfords just been promoted everyone banging on saying we had a good pre-season etc
we hardly played anyone are standards apart from arsenal and got beat

watford was always going to be a hard game newly promoted alot of new players
plus weve had injurys even though its not an excuse ,yes im obviously gutted but atleast we didnt lose
a draws not as bad as it seems

And how exactly would you suggest the fans express their displeasure at having to watch 45 minutes of absolutely turgid football after spending their hard earnt money on tickets then Alex? Perhaps write a polite letter to the Club Secretary and ask them to pass it on to the team during the next training session?
Maybe after 10-15 horrid performances into the season, but this was the first game. I mean come on imagine if any other team did that, we'd think they were bonkers.

Like I said I understand it wasn't very good, but it's a viscous circle and it's getting to the stage where the teams booed off if they aren't winning, which is frankly ridiculous.

Maybe the reason why the fans have seen no success is because they have been willing to accept it. Besides that's not true. The fans boo the performance not the result.

That 1st half performance was truly dire. We didn't create a chance the whole half except one Barkley shot.
I just don't see what difference booing makes. But thats me.

It's virtually every time we aren't winning. It's setting a trend of spoilt fans who think we have a right to be winning every game.
Sorry mate but I cannot disagree with this more. I like to think that Everton fans are fairly well educated and the only time I have heard us booing players is when the performance isn't up to the expected level we all know they are capable of. If we had been playing really well today with the attractive and efficient football we saw in Martinez's first season, but were unluckily 2-0 down at HT for example, there would be no booing at all. It has NOTHING to do with 'spoilt fans' who only boo when we're not winning, and everything to do with the effort and performance of the players and team as a whole

Arguably yeah, but I see it more as a confidence knocker to some players. I know it's been done to death with Ross but imagine what his mind goes through knowing that if he gives it away, he's gonna be groaned at. Dunno just how I see it really, like you say people can do what they want within reason.
That's one of the reasons why it should be done at half time or full time not during the game. When it's done not during the game it's directed at the team and not any individual.

Sorry mate but I cannot disagree with this more. I like to think that Everton fans are fairly well educated and the only time I have heard us booing players is when the performance isn't up to the expected level we all know they are capable of. If we had been playing really well today with the attractive and efficient football we saw in Martinez's first season, but were unluckily 2-0 down at HT for example, there would be no booing at all. It has NOTHING to do with 'spoilt fans' who only boo when we're not winning, and everything to do with the effort and performance of the players and team as a whole
Well lets get this straight, you don't think the players don't give 100%? All our players give their all every time they pull on the shirt and thats my honest opinion. I don't see how booing the performance, will all of a sudden make them perform a whole lot better.

Anyway, we could debate this all day with no conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back