Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think this game today was as bad as people have made out. Last season I don't think there was many times at all where we came back from a goal down twice in a game. The first half was very poor but the way we bounced back gave me optimism for the season, with a couple of new faces aswell hopefully not too far away I think we'll see a change in mood from a few people.
We played great in the 2nd half. Very unlucky not to take all 3 points. It was just the first half.

Not a great result but at least after going down twice, let alone once, the team didn't disintegrate and give up.

That at least gives me hope. First half was dire though, and I'd still like another striker, even if we are to retain Kone. And play two at the same time.

I thought we played very well second half. Our defence needs a little tweaking, Rom's first touch needs work and I would like Dunc to get both him and Kone to practice headers. Overall though I was made up that we fought back to get a draw. Watford will be nobody's easy beats this season and 2-2 is a pleasing result. I see that as 1 point gained, not 2 points lost.
Interesting, isn't it how all of Bobby's season opener's (as Everton manager) have been 2-2.
Our spirit and fight augurs well for the future.

Don't think this game today was as bad as people have made out. Last season I don't think there was many times at all where we came back from a goal down twice in a game. The first half was very poor but the way we bounced back gave me optimism for the season, with a couple of new faces aswell hopefully not too far away I think we'll see a change in mood from a few people.
Really?? At home to Watford, who let's face it will be relegation fodder. Today was as a million miles away from being an acceptable performance at goodison park

Not a great result but at least after going down twice, let alone once, the team didn't disintegrate and give up.

That at least gives me hope. First half was dire though, and I'd still like another striker, even if we are to retain Kone. And play two at the same time.

I am like you mate. Cant be bothered with all these poncey formations and FIFA 15 or whatever it is called. 2 strikers is better than 1. It occupies their defence, stretches them all over the shop. There is a reason folk remember striking partnerships, SAS, X 2. The classic United ones, our classic ones.

Usually.

I thought we played very well second half. Our defence needs a little tweaking, Rom's first touch needs work and I would like Dunc to get both him and Kone to practice headers. Overall though I was made up that we fought back to get a draw. Watford will be nobody's easy beats this season and 2-2 is a pleasing result. I see that as 1 point gained, not 2 points lost.
Interesting, isn't it how all of Bobby's season opener's (as Everton manager) have been 2-2.
Our spirit and fight augurs well for the future.
I'm sorry a draw at home to Watford is not acceptable. Definitely 2 points lost not 1 gained. You do realise we were playing at home don't you???

James McCarthy, Phil Jagielka and Gareth Barry were a kin disgrace out there for us today. Absolute shambles all three of them.

He was far less detrimental to our performance today than McCarthy, Galloway, Coleman were.

Barry like all our midfield offered nothing defensively but unlike the others he actually picked out some decent passes.

He was far less detrimental to our performance today than McCarthy, Galloway, Coleman were.

Barry like all our midfield offered nothing defensively but unlike the others he actually picked out some decent passes.
One thing is for sure and that's as soon as we saw that starting line up we all knew we'd not be winning the game today.

Still need to keep Kone as backup against injuries even if we manage to sign another striker.

One thing is for sure and that's as soon as we saw that starting line up we all knew we'd not be winning the game today.

1 winger, two DM's (2 and a half when you count cleverly) at home to a gash team who just lumped balls over them anyway, no creative midfielder...

I think that team sheet sends alarm bells ringing much further than just todays match...

1 winger, two DM's (2 and a half when you count cleverly) at home to a gash team who just lumped balls over them anyway, no creative midfielder...

I think that team sheet sends alarm bells ringing much further than just todays match...
Ye, shocking mate.

Three natural centre backs, three natural defensive midfielders, one winger, one striker and two others. Just appalling tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back