Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the football for the first 50 minutes was as bad if not worse than last season. pass the ball back or sideways rather than try to beat and get behind players , predictable and slow passing allowing Watford to constantly get players back , easy to play against (stick a bus in defence , wait for a bad pass and then hit on the counter). this is managers tactics and poor coaching. they have to realise that everton will not put up with such dross forever and its continuing on from last season. they are really treading on thin ice if they continue with this crap brand and style.

I thought we were weak and wimpy and outmuscled in almost every position.

lukaku ! poor touch , no strength , lethargic , no pride or power. 28 million ? on that performance I wouldn't pay£2.80. he should watch that game back and have a word with himself. his worst game for us imo

the crossing in the last 30 minutes was what we were crying out for all last season , some lovely balls going in , but an absent strike force in the box.

stones looked miserable tbh

cleverley kone and coleman were the only 3 players showing any energy and grit. seriously well done kone , he turned us around.

cant complain about mirallas not spectacular , but not bad

great goal by barkley and a decent last 30 minutes , before that though he was woeful.

McCarthy and barry look like they are playing for a pay cheque rather than the honour of everton

howards distribution was shocking , as was jags long balls.

Galloway did very well.

4/10 first 50 ..... 6/10 last 40

Agree on the point about Stones. Thought he looked lost today. I noticed Graeme Jones having a long chat with him away from the group in the warm up. Giving him a stern chat by the looks of things.

Agree on the point about Stones. Thought he looked lost today. I noticed Graeme Jones having a long chat with him away from the group in the warm up. Giving him a stern chat by the looks of things.

yep , he normally has a smile or a focused look. today his body language wasn't the usual. lots of looking at the floor , sunken shoulders , and a look on his face like hes just had to scrape spot the family dog off the motorway and bury him. it sadly reminded me of lescotts demeanour in his last game.(ok perhaps not as bad , but along the same lines)

The half time booing was a disgrace. Nothing short of an absolute disgrace.
I think people are starting to wake up and smell the coffee,the booing was not just for the team,it was for the management and the board IMHO,I've never heard that before at half time at the first game of the season before in my life,I think the fans are fast reaching their threshold,something will have to give soon the way its going.

Today cemented why I cancelled my football subscriptions last season.
I am an Everton fan first and foremost, then a football fan and I cannot believe we have opened the season with the same slow paced, static, one dimensional build up. Just show for the ball, pull players out of rigid defensive lines and create space to exploit. It is basic stuff.
2 very well taken goals but a terrible result. Watford should be getting beaten comfortably by that group of players we had out there.

To be brutally honest I would cash in on Stones, McCarthy and Coleman.

How much do you reckon we could currently get for them 3. Stones I believe will eventually turn into the best CB this country has seen for decades but not until about 4-5 years.

Coleman is great attacking sometimes but we need a more defensive minded player.

McCarthy for me flatters to deceive just like in his Ireland shirt and needs to learn how to pass better.

I am sure we can get better, maybe not all round players but better defensively (being there only attribute) with the massive amount of money we get from there sales.

Our defence on paper looks good but on the pitch is lacking closing down and tight marking. At this moment in time I would prefer a defence of grocks who just give it the ''ave it' rather than the sh it scared defenders who won't close players down and defend properly (looking pretty on the ball does not constitute a good defender). Our defence is easy to play against.

ps. I have just come back from the pub so please go easy on me for my suggestions.

To be brutally honest I would cash in on Stones, McCarthy and Coleman.

How much do you reckon we could currently get for them 3. Stones I believe will eventually turn into the best CB this country has seen for decades but not until about 4-5 years.

Coleman is great attacking sometimes but we need a more defensive minded player.

McCarthy for me flatters to deceive just like in his Ireland shirt and needs to learn how to pass better.

I am sure we can get better, maybe not all round players but better defensively (being there only attribute) with the massive amount of money we get from there sales.

Our defence on paper looks good but on the pitch is lacking closing down and tight marking. At this moment in time I would prefer a defence of grocks who just give it the ''ave it' rather than the sh it scared defenders who won't close players down and defend properly (looking pretty on the ball does not constitute a good defender). Our defence is easy to play against.

ps. I have just come back from the pub so please go easy on me for my suggestions.

LYNCH HIM!

Good job you added this line, mate. Was about to tear you a new one.

Alcohol makes some people merry, some people angry and clearly, some people very, very silly!

Personally I'm a fan of keeping our best players because without them we're left with Steven Naismith, Tony Hibbert and the cinders of a lofty dream of being a footballing power once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back